Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m purchasing a 2014 Honda Pilot ex-l 4wd and need to install an aftermarket trailer hitch (it didn’t come with one installed), but am having trouble finding one available. Can someone recommend one that will be compatible? Thank you!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I will be towing for the first time in a couple of months and am looking at the UHaul hitch.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Lots of good used trailer hitches for 2012-2015 Honda Pilot on www.car-part.com , go to... Body > Trailer Hitch. I'd look for an OEM. It is also recommended that a transmission cooler be installed.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Pull the center vanity cover in the rear bumper, and you'll find the factory 2" hitch receiver cleverly hidden there. Two almost-Dzus thumb knobs under there will release the cover for removal. Note how the upper tabs fit in the bumper cover so you can get it back in place later. Stow it carefully while towing.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Class III trailer hitch is standard on every trim level of 2014 Pilot. The only way you can get a 2014 Pilot without one is if previous owner cut it off for some reason.

EXTERIOR FEATURES
LX
EX
EX-L
Touring
Integrated Class III Trailer Hitch
•​
•​
•​
•​

Now what your Pilot will likely NOT have is the trailer wiring harness. (only comes standard on touring)
If you wanna tow a trailer, you will need one.

The ATF cooler accessory is supposedly only needed for 2WD models.

And of course, you might also need the ball mount kit:

As well as a proper-sized ball.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is my understanding that the 2014 EX-L AWD has a standard 2" hitch receiver and complete towing package (tranny cooler, hi capacity fan and alternator). Follow Dr. Bob's advice and open the cover on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,568 Posts
Be careful not the break the plastic tabs on the cover. It will never go back on right if you do. Ask me how I know....

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Last I looked, a replacement cover is pretty darn inexpensive. I think it was under $10, but it's been a while. I was looking at adding a rear foglight in the cover, separate project still in a notebook someplace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts