Thank you, Road2cycle. Will be taking it out shortly.
Road2Cycle, an update- Finally had time to follow through on your suggestion and took car to another dealer (an hour away and from whom I bought the pilot originally), today. $118 to diagnose/diagnostics... something new I think. Anyway, they were very kind, did not wish to see the paperwork from local dealer at that time, had tech inspect undercarriage, and are stating they feel 99.5%, it's all tire related! The question of VCM vibrations was raised, and I had provided the link when I provided here, refering to this issue. They tell me the vibration caused by VCM issues, is extremly different in feeling when gas pedal is applied than a tire problem. They seem confident, but with all that's taken place since Jan, I'm a bit worried. That being said, I don't think I have any other options other than to trade and I am not ready to let Pilot go, until I know I've done all I can. As such, car will be going in on Friday to this new shope (Honda dealer), and Continental LX25's will be going on, along with balancing (hi spin) and alignment. Shop and I are hopeful, although Idon't mind saying, I'm a bit scared!! LOL Putting out more money and hoping Continental reimburses me via the dealer will take 2 to 3 months for refund of a promised 75% return to me. However, I have to pay dealer 100% and they submit claim to Continental, who writes a check to the dealer, who has to credit me (send me) a check for the 75%. Continental would not deal directly with my purchasing from them to avoid the money chase, and the dealer would not put themselves out as they've been hurt many times by other companies promising refund and it didn't happen. So, on Friday the Pilot goes in, and gets everything it needs for last attempt of survival. Dealer will give me loaner car as their shuttle doesn't come to where I live. They will call when ready to pick up. It's a gamble, but also a last attempt to rectify things and am hoping for the best. FYI- Dealer who's been working on this monthly since Jan, has not responded to emails or calls from me for the past 2 wks. Pretty upsetting, and feeling like they've screwed me with all they were doing and wondering if in fact they even did what they said they did, and all this time telling me it's not the tires, the car is fine, and to "live with it." I'll update for everyone once I have car for a day or two, although I should know if it's any better, upon the drive home. Thanks again for all your support.Perhaps your last ditch effort is to take the Pilot to a different Honda dealer, let them know the attempts which have been made to resolve the issue, and mention what the independent service shop suggested as possibilities. Ask if they will go with you on a freeway drive to confirm the vibrations before charging the typical diagnostic fee. After the freeway drive you can discuss what steps they are willing to take to resolve the issue and what components would be covered under the extended warranty if faulty components were identified.
I know that I’ve mentioned that financially you’d probably regret dumping the Pilot, but I didn’t factor in the mental toll this ordeal has caused you.
Yes, you're right. I'm awaiting return call/email from honda dealer as now that Continental is going to reimburse me, I'd like to see if dealer can give the newest pair (only 1 day old) back to vendor and I buy Michelins from them in place of Continental, since dealer is strongly suggesting this would make a difference. Will keep you posted.Here’s to hoping the new tires turn out to be significantly better than the previous set. At this point slight vibrations will be a major upgrade over what you were dealing with. Keep us posted.
Yes, you're right. I'm awaiting return call/email from honda dealer as now that Continental is going to reimburse me, I'd like to see if dealer can give the newest pair (only 1 day old) back to vendor and I buy Michelins from them in place of Continental, since dealer is strongly suggesting this would make a difference. I could not go directly to Michelins, as Continental would not stick to offer of 75% reimbursement. Asked if dealer would "try" a pair of Mich, to see if it would make a difference but he would have had to charge more labor etc, and I passed on that. Will keep you posted.