Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 pilot Ex only 55K miles – What is causing an intermittent misfire at startup? It’s been running great, then 2 weeks ago when I started it up I could feel a misfire,and then engine light is on, code reading p0305 p0306 p0300.
Changed all spark plugs, coil,PCV valve, cleaned EGR valve. No help.same error code.It only happens when you start the engine and the engine is NOT at operating temperature.once it is at operating temperature and it’s as smooth as can be, no more misfire. Bring to a repair shop,OBD live data reading is normal except LTFTB2 is negative 10.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've been collecting live OBD data from a recent road trip. My Pilot has negative fuel trims at idle and low speeds, and also has occasional gritty idle on cold starts. Not a straight misfire but an apparent power imbalance. I need to dump the data to Excel to see if that reveals more, but my spitball thought is that there is one one or more injectors that either have poor patterns or weak (i.e. lazy pintle action). My focus is on cyl 4, 5, 6, which had the most "off" time and thus clog potential, when VCM was active during hte first 50k miles of my Pilot's life.

If I solve the significant negative fuel trims, who knows, maybe it will also fix any remaining off-idle sluggishness this Pilot has in weather above 80F. Other threads explain my replacement of the EGR valve, which mitigated enough sluggishness to keep my undies clean.

If I continue to suspect an injector(s), I'll do some scope measurements of the injectors and/or look for an injector cleaning kit to inject at the fuel rail. Probably a leisurely activity; over the next few months, not weeks or days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts