Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I go through a battery every six months. I had the alternator replaced at Christmas 2019 with the last battery but today, battery is so dead, my car doesn't even chirp when I put the key in the ignition with the door open.

Any thoughts on what else I can look for in the charging system?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,360 Posts
If you have a voltmeter, search YouTube for how to verify your alternator is working properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The battery was draining on my 2014. Turned out the bluetooth connection to my phone was being maintained while I was in the house and would drain the battery after a day or two if I didn't use the vehicle. If you can measure the battery current you should get < 100 mA if the bluetooth is off and about 700 mA if it is on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I go through a battery every six months. I had the alternator replaced at Christmas 2019 with the last battery but today, battery is so dead, my car doesn't even chirp when I put the key in the ignition with the door open.

Any thoughts on what else I can look for in the charging system?
May still be the alternator. . . When the alternator failed on my 2014 pilot it was due to an oil leak from the VTECH Solenoid / Spool valve on the front passenger side of the engine. The brand new alternator got fried because I didn't realize the cause. If you see signs of a leak you'll at least have to clean your alternator if not replace it. You'll have to replace the gaskets on your spool valve as well which is an easy DIY project.

The battery light came on for me, so it may be something else if that's not the case for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.