Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just noticed heat is staying on when I shut car off and remove key. This is something new - don’t recall happening before. Any ideas community?

Daughters car and had dead battery this morning and I think this is the culprit.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,316 Posts
The heat is generated from the operation of the engine. Which obviously gets cold.

Are you saying the fan etc stay on when you have shut the car off, gotten out and locked the door?

Could it just be a tired battery in need of replacement?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heat is generated from the operation of the engine. Which obviously gets cold.

Are you saying the fan etc stay on when you have shut the car off, gotten out and locked the door?

Could it just be a tired battery in need of replacement?
Yes turned ignition off, pulled key out - cabin fan (heat) stay on. I feel like it should shut off when I turn the car off.

Went back out to car and just pressed on mode and cabin fan comes on without inserting Key

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
just noticed heat is staying on when I shut car off and remove key. This is something new - don’t recall happening before. Any ideas community?

Daughters car and had dead battery this morning and I think this is the culprit.
Did you jump the battery to get the car running?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Yes had to jump it this morning. Thoughts?
Could be a glitch in the PCM or a stuck relay ... I'd start with the front blower motor relay. It is powered directly by the battery so if it's stuck closed it could run the blower even if the PCM is powered down. Give the relay a love tap and see if it lets go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help. Ended up at mechanic - my auto starter seems to be causing the problem. So taking back to that shop this weekend to get fixed. Appreciate all the inputs. Thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts