Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my mother-in-laws car popped the P3400 code a few weeks ago with the check engine and vtm-4 lights both on so I replaced the front oil pressure sensor which I read was the issue for the P3400 code and now I put about 400 miles on the car and both lights have come back on and the car is giving the same code. Anybody have the same issue or know what it may be?

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Okay so my mother-in-laws car popped the P3400 code a few weeks ago with the check engine and vtm-4 lights both on so I replaced the front oil pressure sensor which I read was the issue for the P3400 code and now I put about 400 miles on the car and both lights have come back on and the car is giving the same code. Anybody have the same issue or know what it may be?
Bank 1 is the firewall side. If it's high milage, I'd replace the VVT solenoid assembly with gasket filter screen.

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
What do you consider high mileage it has 112k
Depending on driving habits. If these miles were primarily city street driving, you may want to replace the whole VVT solenoid assembly. If not, and the oil has been changed frequently, your likely ok just replacing the sensor itself on the drivers side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts