Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have tried to do a lot of online research for a transmission pressure switch for my 2013 pilot for a reasonable price, and all I am finding is parts for older pilots that say are not compatible and Honda online parts stores, which charge a lot more. I called several local parts stores, and they do not carry this. Has anyone had success finding this part online that is not $80 from Honda, and that is the same year? I wanted to ask before buying it from Honda.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Make double sure this is what you need. Depending on which clutch switch you need to replace, you need either this part or

Also, it is recommended to put in a new gasket, not reuse the old one.

The switch should be torqued at 14 ft/lbs

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also, I recently needed to replace 3rd gear switch on my '13 EX, I THINK it took a 22mm (7/8") deep socket. Getting at it with a wrench is next to impossible. What I did is: turn steering wheel all the way left, to have better access to the front of driver wheel well. Staring down there, you pretty much have an unobstructed view of the switch. I needed to snap together a few extensions - about 24 inches long - in order to reach it. 2nd and 4th gear switches are under the battery and pretty much require battery and battery base removal to get to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, it was very helpful. 😊 I'm going to be fixing once I get the part. I've seen a few videos on how to fix it, and they were doing the same as you were. It's a better way to reach it. It's snuggled up in there. Haha!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
For curiosity I entered the part number in the search box on Amazon. The price for the Genuine Honda part is currently under $50 there. They offer non-genuine switches for about half of that amount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before asking on this site here, I looked on Amazon and couldn't find one that was comparable. I'll also look for it on there.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
also out of curiosity why would someone invest in an aftermarket item for such a critical part ? we all know aftermarket parts have been proven to either fail early or simply don't function out of the barn in the first place.. yes it's all about cost i get that but it will cost double if the part fails less than what the OEM would last.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would go OEM here. A failure or improper operation could potentially result in MUCH larger expenses. You might be looking at a premature transmission failure if this switch causes it to operate in wrong gear. You are already saving significantly by doing this yourself (I been quoted $250 to replace it)
Now for SOME parts, OEM has been found wanting and aftermarket alternatives known to be superior. For example, a lot of folks go for non-OEM brake rotors. I run with non-OEM rotors, pads, tires, battery, headlights, filters, spark plugs, speakers, etc. But for this part I would stick to OEM.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I would go OEM here. A failure or improper operation could potentially result in MUCH larger expenses. You might be looking at a premature transmission failure if this switch causes it to operate in wrong gear. You are already saving significantly by doing this yourself (I been quoted $250 to replace it)
Now for SOME parts, OEM has been found wanting and aftermarket alternatives known to be superior. For example, a lot of folks go for non-OEM brake rotors. I run with non-OEM rotors, pads, tires, battery, headlights, filters, spark plugs, speakers, etc. But for this part I would stick to OEM.
Agreed

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have had 2 pressure switches replaced so far on my 2013. Thankfully under extended warranty. Forget which gears but the one had to be replaced again a few weeks after installation as it failed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had 2 pressure switches replaced so far on my 2013. Thankfully under extended warranty. Forget which gears but the one had to be replaced again a few weeks after installation as it failed.
I assume it is a genuine part since it was under warranty?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
sounds like he had a bumper to bumper extended coverage mine expires when i hit 115k

1 - 20 of 21 Posts