Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade to something with android auto. Not really intersted in the nav tool type things id rather have a touch screen anyone have any pictures on what it would look like since it seems like some custom trim work needs to be done. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
750 Posts
The biggest problem with 1012-15 is climate control sub-display is integrated into audio unit. Because of this, most installs you will see leave the factory audio head in place and install the aftermarket head in place of the display above factory audio.

Here are a couple thread links, second one is my own.

In my case, I actually hooked front outputs from OEM audio via AudioControl LC2i into AUX input on the Alpine. So I can still use the OEM head... not that I do.

Yours being a touring, you should be able to utilize factory amplifier - just route preamp outputs from the new head to it. Not the easiest wiring job, but doable.
With OEM head remaining in place, RES should remain functional as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm realizing that the whole climate control is integrated into there so I don't want to remove that starting to think I'm going to go with a navtool type of system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts