Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success in confirming what it is that actually causes this noise (humming or droning noise from front wheel)? I’m thinking wheel bearings. But with multiple TSBs over the last seven years, I’d have to imagine this issue has been thoroughly felt with and the issue identified.

I have confirmed that the noise does not change at all with any changes in the RPM but does noticeably change based on the actual speed of the vehicle. Ie. The faster I go the louder and higher pitched it gets. Regardless of the gear or rpm.

Anyone have any luck? Thanks friends!!!

2013 Honda Pilot Suspension Service Bulletin 357640
  • Action Number: 10053749
    Service Bulletin Number: 357640
    Report Date: Oct 08, 2013
    Component: Suspension
  • Summary: Honda: on certain vehicles, an investigation into the front wheel bearing making noises like a droning, moaning, or humming sound, along with vibration. Model 2009-2014 pilot. *pe

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
If the pitch of the sound increases with speed, then it's likely a wheel bearing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When this problem happened to our 2013 Pilot EX-L, it was the front driver side wheel bearing. Although I like our Pilot, I cannot imagine why wheel bearings should fail at less than 25K miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts