Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a 2013 Honda Pilot Touring that I can not get to start up. I am unsure what is going on with it. I figured I would check here before I had it towed. I recently installed Fahren LED headlights in the vehicle, and noticed a weird flashing screen a few times about a week later, but was able to start it up without a problem. I don't know if the issues are related.The vehicle has sat for the last week. I have heard that aftermarket LED lights can sometimes mess with the power in a vehicle. I don't know if its the alternator, starter, battery, or the LEDs jacking up the electrical system.

Here are the issues:
I get in the car and have some power to the vehicle, but the info screen flashes welcome repeatedly and flickers. No nav screen or radio lights.
I have enough power to hear a click and then it does nothing. The panel lights go dim as well.
When I attach the jumper cables and let it run for over 10 minutes, I have the same result with brighter dash lights. I get a click and nothing else.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
I am trying a new battery toight. Hopefully that works.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Did you remove the battery to fit the new headlights? If so, double-check the connections at the battery for clean and tight. Also, check the connection where the negative cable connects to the body on the left fender wall. A little bit of wire brush until the terminals and the battery are bright and shiny, assemble and make sure the bolts are tight. Connect a battery charger/maintainer to the battery to restore the charge.

Batteries seem to have a reliable service life between three and five years for me. Almost six years on the original Pilot battery, swapped when it showed weak in a specific gravity test, It still started the engine OK, but was replaced anyway. Different use patterns will cause different life expectancies. If your battery is older, look harder at it. Regardless, look at the related possibilities. Another car in the garage seemed to be eating batteries every few years, for what turned out to be a bit of corrosion in a ground strap. Fun stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts