Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been doing a bunch of research and ordered the lasfit LED bulbs with the canbus free stuff as I didn't want the hot resistors behind the brake lights with all that plastic. So when I turn the car to the on position (II) and use my blinker everything is great, but when I fully turn the ignition on and the vehicle is running I get the hyperflash issue...does anyone know what would cause this?

Why do they flash normal when the key is turned to on position, but hyper flash when engine is running?

I've read about the CK sockets, would this be something to do with the issue or would they not even flash when I have the blinker turned on? I have CK bulbs in the front for sure...

·
Registered
71 Posts
You should contact Last Fit and see if they have an answer. I have a 2013 Touring and I bought these in 2019 and all is still well today.
Syneticusa 7443 Error Free Canbus Ready Red LED Brake Parking Tail Stop Turn Signal Light Bulbs DRL Parking Lamp No Hyper Flash All in One With Built-In Resistors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NF74CP...abc_CP7HE59ARMNZC4HBM421?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had a similar issue. I cannot get LED's to work in my front turn signals and have tried everything. I am at a loss. It looks like Syneticusa doesn't make a 3457 bulb. Do you have any other recommendations? I have a set of Oxilambs for my rear turn signals that have built in resistor technology and replaced my previous LED's that needed separate resistors in-line. But I cannot get the front to work. They either hyper-flash or stay steady at what appears to be 45% power, indicating something is wrong. Because of this issue, my front end is completely incandescent and my back end is all LED.

I would appreciate any guidance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I believe they are 3157 bulbs, they should be dual filament. Dim for park lights and brighten for indicators. I have VLED V3 LEDs in the fronts. Also the front and rear indicators as well as tail/brakes are CK sockets.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Had turn signal hyper flash issues up front with brand name resister-free LEDs. Went back to regular bulbs. All LEDs in the rear except for the license plate which remains dull and dirty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: I messaged lasfit and they tried helping as best they can, I'm still in conversation with them...but I purchased the philips halogen 3457 bulbs for the front and left the lasfit bulbs in the back and all was well for 30 seconds of blinking then I got hyperflash again when the engine is running vs with the key is just turned to (II). I was hoping running halogens up front and leds in the back would fix my situation as I read, but unfortunately it didn't work. I ordered a set of 7443 syneticusa bulbs for the back to test further as well as picking up some 7443 halogens tomorrow and I will post my results here...it's been a pain in the butt trying to figure out what is causing the issue.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I was hoping running halogens up front and leds in the back would fix my situation as I read, but unfortunately it didn't work. I ordered a set of 7443 syneticusa bulbs for the back to test further as well as picking up some 7443 halogens tomorrow and I will post my results here...it's been a pain in the butt trying to figure out what is causing the issue.
On my '04 the rear tail + brake lights are all (4) 7443 LED resistor-free with no hyper flash but do trigger the brake lamp warning light due to the low voltage. I gave up on LED turn signals up front as they triggered hyper flash and I did not want to install the optional resistors. Overall my goal was achieved to have LED rear tail + brake lights that are bright and instant-on to alert my fellow drivers on the road. The LED reverse bulbs produce very bright light and are great for backing up like a backup light should be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok everyone I finally got a solution!

I put some halogen 3457 in the front and had the 7443 lasfit in the rear...I got hyperflash issue with my right blinker but my left side was fine 🤣

I figured let's give these syneticusa 7443 LED bulbs for the rear blinker a try since I knew the halogens weren't causing the problem. I put them in and the hyperflash issues stopped on both sides, I figured let me put my 3457 lasfit LED bulbs in the front and give it a go and sure enough it worked with no hyperflash issues and the front blinkers dim for running lights and get bright when they blink like the halogens!

So with the syneticusa 7443 in the rear and the lasfit 3457 in the front it all works smoothly with no hyperflash issues. I switched ALL my interior and exterior bulbs to LEDs except for my headlights/brights/fog lights...I will update if any issues arise.

The exterior bulbs are all lasfit EXCEPT the rear blinkers, they are syneticusa 7443 with plug and play covered resistors attached. I used philips crystal vision for the headlight/brights/fog lights, they give it a nice bright white look similar to LEDs.

I hope this helps anyone else in this situation, it's been a pain in my ass for sure! Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts