Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2013 Pilot 4wd Lift kit

40433 Views 28 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  HitmanOGX
Any advice or suggestions on how to level off or lift the pilot? Seems all the kits out there stop at 2011. Im just trying to gain a couple of inches for better clearance.
Reactions: the pilot guy
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Sorry about the radio silence of late.

I've been happy with the lift kit. Except the rear being only 1". I bought rubber spacers to hopefully get another inch out of the rear but never got around to actually installing them.

Just to try to clear things up. All the part numbers between suspension parts from 09-13 were the same so I could not see where there was any difference that would cut off the 12-15 pilots from using this kit. My guess would be that Readylift designed this kit in 2011 and never revised it to reflect the 12-15 Pilots.

Every part fit and works as expected. Except for the adjustable rear control arms. I did some research on that and found that the ball joint end that was supplied was actually for an Odyssey. So I ordered the correct ends for the Pilot. Almost worked. When installed, the adjusters are maxed out when set to factory length. So the adjusting nut was too short and the wrong ends were supplied to begin with. So I ordered the longer adjusting nuts. Meanwhile, I completed the install and took it to get aligned. Everything still came within spec so I never even installed the adjustable arms that took so much time to figure out. I guess when I get around to adding another inch to rear I might need to use them. Or I will find out why Readylift could only design it for 1" lift!

Lift was installed around 40k miles. We are pushing 75k miles now. There have been no problems at all. Ride quality is good. Tire wear is even.
I experimented with deleting the anti-sway bars. It definitely rode better off road, but it's mostly used on road so the bars were left on.

· Registered
30 Posts
Here is a pic with the rear adjustable control arms. The front one is the one that came with the kit. SPC's website listed it for the Odyssey. Then the Pilot arm that has the correct ball joint end. And the longer adjusting nut. Readylift sent me the Pilot arms, but I had to go to Specialty Products Company to get the longer nut.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Suspension lift

I have a 2014 Pilot, When i got the car i went to my local shot to get it lifted and we called ready lift to find out why they don't list 2012 and newer pilots, they said its because Honda change up some things and they think there would be no safe way to lift the car and provide a guarantee that it will be fine.

However since you did this and have been rolling around on it for some time now i guess i give it a shot with the Traxda Kit. 2 front 2 back

· Registered
2 Posts
Traxda 2” lift kit 202025

However since you did this and have been rolling around on it for some time now i guess i give it a shot with the Traxda Kit. 2 front 2 back
I recommend you don’t! I have a 2014 Honda Pilot Touring 4WD. I bought the Traxda 2” lift kit for $273 on Wheelwell. I tried to install the kit on the front drivers side, but I couldn’t get the bottom bolts of the struts back on. There was no clearance. Then, I had a local mechanic shop install it on the same side. They got the kit “installed” however the owner said the wheel wouldn’t turn. Also said the stabilizer bar was too long. He said it doesn’t fit. So I told him to take off the kit and put it back together. I’m in the process of returning the kit. Lots of $$$ wasted. :crying:

· Registered
5,830 Posts
[No message]

· Registered
73 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2014 Honda Pilot Touring

I had jut lifted my 2014 Pilot 2 inch front and back. The spacers i got some how lifted the rear 2.4 inches so when looking at my car from the back it looks much taller then before the front is not as noticeable. I did have to instal front camber bolts and rear camber Arm to get it to zero out. i also had to replace my rear shocks because they where at max when i went over holes or bumps that would shoot the tire out from the body the shock would max out and you would hear it thump. i was able to Fit 265/65 all around and it filled in the wheel well. over all i am satisfied however the 2 inch on the rear was very difficult to instal.

· Registered
6 Posts
Traxda lift. dont do it if you think it will be easy.

By the way i used the Traxda Lift and all though they have crappy customer service and the install was way more difficult then it should have been and i had to do alot of post work it seams to be working good now. i have done 2k miles on it already. i do still need to replace the front and real links. front have to be shorter and rear have to be longer.

· Registered
2013 honda pilot EXL
43 Posts
So will the Ready Lift kit work on a 2015 Pilot (Boxy)? I want to go to 30in tires, and i'd love to know they'll fit!

Any info on if it will 100% work, would be greatly appreciated. We've seen the 2012 lift- is there truly no difference in the 15?

Thanks!
I put 255/65/17s on mine with no lift and have no problems

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.