Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do these warning light mean? It just happened when I started the car this evening. The VTM4 light did go off after I restarted but the other two lights are still on. It's a 2013 Honda Pilot, running smoothly & never has a problem with it. Of course, it's after 5:00 on a Friday evening. Is it still safe to drive for the weekend? I'll take it in Monday...Argh, help. Thank you .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kind of impossible to say if it’s safe without knowing why it threw a code. It’s PROBABLY fine to drive assuming the engine is running smoothly. You may want to consider getting a code scanner so you can get more info in the future. BlueDriver is great and connects to your phone. If we had the codes we could give you a better assessment of the risk.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,410 Posts
The Photos indicate a milage of over 116000 miles. Sparkplugs in the 2013 should be changed every 110,000 miles. Was this and the other high milage services done, ie timing belt, water pump etc.?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It goes in for regular oil change & maintenance, filters, brakes, but it hasn't had spark plugs changed yet. I will make an appointment Monday.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,410 Posts
Don't forget the timing belt, water pump as well. Your probably looking at around $1500 +/- at the dealer. That's cheap compared to breaking a timing belt while tooling down the road and spending 6-8k for a new engine or half that for a rebuild.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Clear the codes and see if they come back. Sometimes the computer is finicky. Make sure you haven't already done your timing belt before you tell your mechanic about it. They could say it wasn't done just to get more money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts