Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone have a clicking sound..more like scraping sound coming from, in my case, front left tire. Took it two mechanics and no one sees the issue... anyone have this problem?

148K miles...

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Did they check the CV axles , bearings , any obstructions in the calipers ?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Could be the intermittent sticky caliper syndrome or failing CV axle which should have been found by at least one of the mechanics.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Lol the silence says it all .......

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Sorry work... yes all that was checked
There is mostly almost 3 things that moves ..the axles , the calipers and the bearings on the tire .. then you get into bushings and stuff ..if your mechanics cant find it ..take it to honda they will find it Since they will charge you a fee to look.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Describe nature of the sound. Is it more or less constant when driving? Or mostly when accelerating/braking? Stronger when going faster? Present when in reverse? Sometimes it can be brake pad hardware touching the rotor .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Describe nature of the sound. Is it more or less constant when driving? Or mostly when accelerating/braking? Stronger when going faster? Present when in reverse? Sometimes it can be brake pad hardware touching the rotor .
It's when I am driving...not in reverse.. if I turn the wheel it goes away most times, but then when it is straight it comes back..low sound but you can make it out

·
Registered
699 Posts
So... only heard when moving straight forward, not in reverse, and not while wheels are turned either way? Kinda feels like something in the wheel well is touching the wheel....

·
Registered
866 Posts
A continuous scraping noise when driving straight ahead? Does the noise change if you let up on throttle and coast? If you accelerate slightly? If you lightly apply the brakes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I drive straight it make the sound, not loud, and if I turn the wheel to the left or right it goes away...really weird. If I apply the brakes it doesn't make that sound.

·
Registered
866 Posts
And if you just coast without applying the brakes?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts