Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to replace all rotors and pads on my 2013 Honda Pilot. I know my parking brake needs adjustment anyways but I know that after I replace the rotors I will need to adjust it. What is the adjustment procedure for that year? I have done the adjustment on a 2004 pilot but not a 2013, is it the same procedure?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Manual suggests that you set the pedal down one click. Then adjust the shoes so they just start to drag when spinning the drum/rotor. There's a soft plug in the face of the hat, and you can use a standard brake spoon through the hole there to spin the adjuster.

You may find that you need to "un-adjust" the parking brake to get the rotors off, especially if the adjustments in the past have been poor, or the car was driven with the shoes dragging from pedal not fully released. I was also amazed at how thin the friction material is on the shoes; these are definitely "parking brakes" and not "emergency brakes".

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Do you have a copy of this page in service manual?
Yes, but... hard to extract one page.

Search for a post by Tahofever in the last year that includes the whole manual. 2012 imanual applis to the whole series.

I had the rotors and calipers off the car for clean/paint, part of a new tires WYAIT effort. Hod to find the caliper disaasmbly procedure and the torque specs for all that, and stumbled on the parking brake adjustment procedure. Fortuitous? More likely just a dumb coincidence. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts