Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2013 Honda CR V EX and tires

792 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  john-john
Anyone have any experince with these tires from Costco (they have $150 off 4 tires). I'm located in NE PA.
Tire Size: 225/65R17 Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Michelin - X LT A/S . Are these more for light trucks?
My 3rd choice is the Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3 225/65R17
Looking for a quite ride and good in snow and rain.

Thank you
Jr :)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10,603 Posts
Anyone have any experince with these tires from Costco (they have $150 off 4 tires). I'm located in NE PA.
Tire Size: 225/65R17 Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Michelin - X LT A/S . Are these more for light trucks?
My 3rd choice is the Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3 225/65R17
Looking for a quite ride and good in snow and rain.

Thank you
Since you're in the snowbelt, from among the tires Costco offers, I'd choose the Michelin CrossClimate2.

· Registered
5,832 Posts
The Pilot has 5 year old Pirelli Scorpion All Season tires, they've been great and are ready for replacement at 55k-60k miles. The Traverse has the X LT A/S, they've also been great but are too new/low mileage to comment on longevity. I'd recommend and use either of them.

I'm in MD, so we get everything from 100 degree heat to torrential rains to dry powdery snow to heavy wet snow and slush to sometimes foot plus snowfalls. Both tires have been great for any conditions I would drive in, as I get older I stay off the roads in bad snowstorms because of the other idiots on the road.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put the Pirelli Scorpion All Season Plus 3 on my 2020 Pilot last week and really like them. They handled well in heavy rain. Looking forward to see how they do in the snow.
"but are too new/low mileage to comment on longevity." same here on the Pirelli's. I think I got a good deal for the Scorpion's through Mavis Discount Tire at $849.80 total. Mavis did not charge me for the disposal on the oem tires as I kept them which save me $14. Plus I get a $70 rebate visa card.

My son owns the 2013 CR V EX (I was the original owner) and I think he wants to go with Michelin from Costco.

Thanks a bunch.

· Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,887 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Defenders. If the X LT A/S are cheaper then go with those. They are exactly the same, just Costco's version.

Cross Climate are great but don't seem to last long.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2015 Pilot Touring with around 125K miles on it. I need new tires for it. Since my mom passed, I won't be visiting her and now will be putting less highway miles on it. Located in Louisville, MY so no particularly heinous weather. I'll be only be putting 2-3k miles per year on her. I want a quiet and comfortable ride. As I am a 58yo geezer lol, these will probably be the last set that I'll buying. What would be the best ones for me? Sorry for being long winded. Also, due to low miles that I'll driving, is a VCM Muzzler worth it? Thanks.

· Registered
10,603 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2015 Pilot Touring with around 125K miles on it. I need new tires for it. Since my mom passed, I won't be visiting her and now will be putting less highway miles on it. Located in Louisville, MY so no particularly heinous weather. I'll be only be putting 2-3k miles per year on her. I want a quiet and comfortable ride. As I am a 58yo geezer lol, these will probably be the last set that I'll buying. What would be the best ones for me?
Goodyear Assurance ComfortDrive.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

· Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Also, due to low miles that I'll driving, is a VCM Muzzler worth it? Thanks.
Check out this post about VCM....everything you wanted to know and thought you knew

· Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD
65 Posts
Consumer Reports says the Michelin CrossClimate2 is a decent tire. I don't need tires that rated for a million miles as I only put 2k-3k miles per year. Do you like these tires?
Yes, I like them. Mine are at least 10 years old and probably more like 12 years old. They sat from 2006 through 2022, so 6 years. They are still fine after all that time and at least 30K miles, but since the front passenger side tire had a flat and was replaced with a General Tire and also because all 4 TPMS sensor tire valve stems need replacing I'm going to replace with a new set of 4 Michelin Cross Climate 2s.

I am also replacing the windshield wipers with the expensive Michelin Optima+ Silicone Windshield Wipers (24" driver's & 21" passenger's) as I fidget with the windshield wipers and wear them out more quickly than is normal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts