Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a hard to turn steering wheel at low vehicle speeds? Meaning when backing up out of driveway, slow turns at 90 degree intersections, etc...

Ours felt pretty bad so I took it to a dealer. They said the power steering pump had a leak and would cause that feeling of hard steering. Replaced pump and it still feels a bit hard to turn the steering wheel. Not as bad as before, though. Not sure if I'm imagining this problem or not.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I would take it back tell them that its not fixed and expect them to refund what is due … the only thing left would be the rack n pinion ..did they mention anything on that ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. No, they didn't mention it. It's such a hassle dealing with them but have to bite the bullet to get it right.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I would go to another Honda dealership at this point ..on my Fisher price edition 2015 it's light as a feather ..a dead stop / reverse etc I checked this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll try that after getting an alignment. Does anybody know how Coast Honda's service is? Farther away from home but I bought the car there and was a very good experience, my first good experience buying a new car.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
944 Posts
I would go to another Honda dealership at this point ..on my Fisher price edition 2015 it's light as a feather ..a dead stop / reverse etc I checked this morning.
What is this “Fisher Price Edition” I keep hearing about? I’m very intrigued and can’t find anything on the internet about it.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
What is this “Fisher Price Edition” I keep hearing about? I’m very intrigued and can’t find anything on the internet about it.
back in the day Fisher price was a major manufacturer for plastic toys ..the gen 2 series Pilot has 98 % plastic items Not sure about the gen 3 , the Gen 1 pilot that I also have has much much less plastic items .. so Honda has teamed up with Fisher price to supply the plastic items for the Pilots :)

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
944 Posts
back in the day Fisher price was a major manufacturer for plastic toys ..the gen 2 series Pilot has 98 % plastic items Not sure about the gen 3 , the Gen 1 pilot that I also have has much much less plastic items .. so Honda has teamed up with Fisher price to supply the plastic items for the Pilots :)
Oh haha! I was thinking it was some sort of exclusive thing. I think the 1st gen has more soft touch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts