Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2013 EX-L Pilot with low miles (60k) and are looking to purchase a travel trailer to tow. We are complete newbies when it comes to travel trailers (we have a popup right now). We are looking at this one:
https://www.tulsarv.net/product/new-2019-coachmen-rv-apex-nano-185bh-915836-29

The dry weight is 2,850# and gross weight is 3,800#. While that is 700# away from max towing capacity, I had heard you should have a 20% buffer, which with a 4,500# towing capacity would be 900#. Having typed all that I am still incredibly confused. Hoping someone could chime in and say if that trailer is out of my league.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sounds like you are using all the right information... most important steps will be how you load the trailer, getting your weight distribution hitch and brakes dialed in...

Happy camping!

It is refreshing to finally see someone who wants to tow something realistic, not 10% beyond the vehicle's capacity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have same exact model and about same mileage. Been researching for months reading tons of information. Looking for travel trailer for wife myself and two small children. I’ve come up with 3k dry with brake controller, weight hitch and sway control. I have seen people with a lot more weight, but like you it’s all new to us. Seems like the sweet spot. Leaning with is kz sportsman classic 181bh. Same as that apex basically but with one slide. Good luck !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts