Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks-
Inherited a really nice 2013 Pilot from my in-laws, and everything is amazing on it except the infotainment system. I'm pretty tech-interested, and I was hoping to immediately upgrade to a Carplay system when I got it, but what I really want (factory Carplay functionality) isn't possible, and it's looking like this model doesn't really allow for aftermarket upgrades on the system that work flawlessly with factory functions (backup camera, etc.)

So, I've resolved to make this system work. The Bluetooth has suddenly decided it won't work. I decided to start from scratch to connect them. First I "forgot the device" on my phone (MISTAKE) - then I realized my error and reset network settings. This should've made the car discoverable. So then, on the Pilot, it's saying my phone is still stored in the system, but I can't see the car in my phone's Bluetooth devices when I try to connect it. So I try to add a new one, and the car wont' show up. When I try to disconnect the phone, it won't do anything after I select "yes," and then when I tell it to clear the system it displays the confirmation window for a looong time (clocked it at 30 minutes today).

So, I think I want to reset the system and start fresh. How do I do this?

AND - am I correct that there's no seamless infotainment system upgrade?

Thanks!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Seamless? Nope, definitely not. With a bit of custom work? Yup. There are a couple threads about 2012-13 audio overhauls in audio/electronics section. I have an Alpine head in place of the top screen. Factory rear camera, bluetooth mic, steering wheel controls -all working. Full phone support (carplay/android auto).

Seamless-est option to get carplay is NavTool. Look it up. You will not get a touchscreen though.

Far as bluetooth goes, there should be a clear bluetooth memory option in your audio settings. It should be under phone setup. If you dont have it, download owner manual ftom Honda.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts