Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I took my Pilot radio out and will start reporting on my renovation using stock head unit and Clarion crossover, RF 300 w amp for door speakers and Pioneer 10” all in one sub.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Shouldn't this be in 2012-2015 section?

I have fairly recently redone audio in my 2013 EX

A few thoughts?
How are you going to be using the crossover? Which model? Is it to split out the sub? Stock unit already has a crossover and outputs most of the lows into its SUB channel(speaker level). If you try to feed the sub off front/rear outputs, your bass will be rather poor.
Where will amp go? You plan to use existing speaker wiring or run new? Any plan for new door speakers? Factory speakers are garbage, probably the weakest part of factory audio.

My 'stage one' was for amp and speakers. Speaker outs from stock head going into speaker-level inputs on a 5-channel 600W RF amp. That amp did not provide speaker-level inputs for the sub channel, so I ran the sub output from head through AudioControl LC2i converter. New 14AWG speaker wires to speakers, 12AWG to sub. Door speakers replaced with 2-way Focals, sub replaced with a 300W shallow mount 8" Kicker.

Got to say, using speaker outs from the stock head, the noise floor was ghastly. Could not set the gain even to 3 without getting a very audible hiss. After 'stage two' head upgrade, using preamps from Alpine, I could take all gains to 6+ with zero noise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the supply list:

Clarion MCD360 2/3-Way 6-Channel Electronic Crossover w/ 5-Volt RCA Outputs + Subwoofer Equalizer

PAC SNI-35 Variable LOC Line Out Converter

Rockford Fosgate R1675X2 Prime 6.75-Inch Full Range 2-Way Coaxial Speaker - Set of 2

Pioneer TS-A1685R 350 Watts 4-Way Car Speakers, 6 1/2 Inch - 6 3/4 Inch, 1 Pair

Pioneer TS-WX1010A 10” Sealed enclosure active subwoofer with built-in amplifier

Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch 300 Watt 4 Channel Boosted Rail Amplifier

·
Registered
744 Posts
That Clarion takes line-level inputs.
So are you... getting 3x SNI-35's to convert fronts/rears and sub down to line level? Then mixing/splitting it all through Clarion and sending front/rear to the amp and sub output to the sub?

One thought: 4-ga is real heavy and murder to work with. You definitely do not need anything that heavy. I

You subwoofer is 300W RMS and so is your amp. 300W RMS on a class D translated to about 30amps. 8ga is totally sufficient for the sub, since you run it all the way to the back of the car. The door speaker amp will be more than happy on a 10-ga cable. I am feeding my 600W amp under passenger seat with an 8-ga no problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I post the videos you will note I ran 4 gauge to a splitter in the console and then 8 gauge to the Rockford and to the sub. I agree, running 4g to the rear would be over kill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts