Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The compass indicator on my 2013 Pilot EX-L blinks 90% of the time. There are few occasions when it stops, but mostly it simply blinks and blinks with the little "CAL" icon above it. It seems to want me to calibrate it, but as near as I can tell, this feature is faulty — at least on my vehicle. Pressing "Setup" for 5-6 seconds brings up the initial "Calibration" and "Zone Adjust" menu, and choosing "Calibration" then brings up the "Start Calibration" screen, but from there I can't get it to behave. Pressing the "Select" button simply returns me to the home screen. I have tried this with the engine running, the shifter in Park and in drive, in the garage, in open spaces, in parking lots, and under every other circumstance I can think of. What am I missing? I do not have a magnetic roof rack, nor any electronic devices mounted or stored nearby.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, yes, I've driven in circles half a dozen times on several attempts without effect, and second, selecting "Start Calibration" causes the display to revert to the standard home screen rather than bring up something new that would indicate anything was expected, intended, designed, or part of a calibration process. Nevertheless, I've driven in circles both without selecting "Start Calibration" and with. No change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've done the same thing... I've also tried changing the region. it always ends up back to flashing. :( I gave up. same with the clock. why the heck does it run fast? just gradually increases over time..you mean to tell me in 2015 they couldn't get a digital clock to keep accurate time! lol I love my pilot tho... 195k miles :)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
in my fisher price special edition ..I learned just to ignore the stupid blinking arrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've done the same thing... I've also tried changing the region. it always ends up back to flashing. :( I gave up. same with the clock. why the heck does it run fast? just gradually increases over time..you mean to tell me in 2015 they couldn't get a digital clock to keep accurate time! lol I love my pilot tho... 195k miles :)
I have a 2013 Pilot EX L and my compass like yours 90% of the time flashes the calibration lite, but the compass is showing the correct direction. I have driven circles and tried all that I know. I just ignore the flashing lite and drive on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having same problem in CO... shows correct direction but flashing calibration sometimes appears. Can re-calibrate successfully but flashing cal light re-appears. Service Advisor asked one of the technicians... maybe calibration module in roof loses power intermittently. Another of this dealers experienced was a magnetized metal top. Thought that lightning had struck vehicle - Honda sent kit to dealer to demagnetize metal and fix problem.

Mine still reads correct direction but flashing cal light is annoying.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is exactly the same issue I'm seeing on my 2015. In the mornings, the compass is blinking constantly but indicates the correct direction. If I try to run the calibration, it just keeps blinking. I'll drive in circles and it never stops blinking. It will keep on blinking all the way to work. In the afternoon when I leave from work, it's on solid. If I try to start a calibration when it's not blinking, it starts blinking, I drive in a circle, and then it stops. I've just learned to ignore it when it starts blinking on its own. I'd love to know why it seems to have "morning sickness" that always seems to heal itself in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Ours has done this for the three years we've owned it. At one point someone posted some links to the module in the roof antenna to replace, but quite frankly neither my wife or I notice it and we don't have factory navigation we are looking to use so no reason to spend the money and effort replacing it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
2,726 Posts
Ours has done this for the three years we've owned it. At one point someone posted some links to the module in the roof antenna to replace, but quite frankly neither my wife or I notice it and we don't have factory navigation we are looking to use so no reason to spend the money and effort replacing it.
With what Honda probably charges for the roof antenna you could probably buy several of these.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Black sharpie works if the blinking becomes a pita ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts