Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been through 3 windshields since having the Pilot. We recently noticed the plastic covering for the sides are broken and one has flown off. There appears to be plastic channels that have broken free. We also have been having some water leaking in during rains on the driver side floor board. I would like to replace the top rubber weatherstrip running across the windshield but not sure if I have to pull window out to do it. Im not sure if i should try to seal the window better or just replace the molding/weatherstrip?? I saw someone use Permatex Flowable Silicone to seal a window and was considering. Open to suggestions. Also not sure of part number for weatherstrip across top..

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
Don't know what your location is, but rust sometimes gets in just above the windshield, especially in the corners. If you see some, it's probably just the tip of the iceberg and may even be perforated in there. Ask me how I know.

What did you do today to your 2003-2008 Pilot?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Also you replacing that trim “seal” will not fix it. You’d need to do the silicone or have it fixed by whomever replaced it last. It may still have a warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone object to a releasing front windshield. During the ongoing downpours, I saw water trickling down within the windshield on the driver side of the vehicle. I'm taking the vehicle to the seller however was contemplating whether it is a typical issue or not.
Kodi nox

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Typical, neither my 08 or 15 leak at any windows.

Knock on wood.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
Leaks seem to happen too frequently after a windshield replacement. OEM windshields are usually good. I understand replacing a windshield is not as easy as you might think, but this speaks ill of the windshield replacement industry. When getting some body work done recently for among other things rust and a leak from the top left corner of my windshield, the body shop guy informed me and showed me that the windshield had previously been replaced, unbeknownst to me. Even though an OEM windshield was used, I could see, once removed, that the installation workmanship had been pretty shoddy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts