Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Pilot and the wheels have some corrosion on them, mostly where older wheel weights were on. I would like to fix these wheels. Does anyone know what the OEM wheels are made of. I have some Naval jelly but it can't be used on aluminum, magnesium,, etc. only on steel. If I can't use the naval jelly, it seems I would have to start with 600 grit sandpaper, spray and seal them.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
There are cast aluminum wheels on all bu the very base Pilots. The base model has steel wheels. If the corrosion is rusty orange or brown color they are likely steel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an EX-L
Some of the clear coat is gone.
Corrosion is mostly white with some gray.
They are probably aluminum then.

·
Registered
2016 pilot elite
10 Posts
I have a 2012 Pilot and the wheels have some corrosion on them, mostly where older wheel weights were on. I would like to fix these wheels. Does anyone know what the OEM wheels are made of. I have some Naval jelly but it can't be used on aluminum, magnesium,, etc. only on steel. If I can't use the naval jelly, it seems I would have to start with 600 grit sandpaper, spray and seal them.
Any suggestions?
Wet sanding is always an option. Id start with Meguiers wheel acid (red bottle) and a nylon bristle brick brush. I detail cars for side cash and that Meguiers never lets me down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts