Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past couple of months I've had the Starter Cut Relay (at least that's what the mechanic said it was the first time) fall out after stopping / getting out of the car. This second time I found the location and put it back in. It is located behind the interior fuse box against/near the driver's wheel well. It took me a long time to find it since it was behind electrical harnesses and the fuse box. I see no mention of it in the manual, etc.

Has anyone else had an issue with this falling out? This time I put some electrical tape on it to hold it in place hopefully. The only thing I can think of is that the parking brake (which runs right by there) has slowly vibrated the relay out over time. Attached is a photo of the relay, I couldn't get a good picture of the location unfortunately.

PXL_20201201_182254759.jpg

·
Registered
585 Posts
Try bending the pins a little to create a tighter fit? You may need to crimp the female side a bit as well. You really want a tight fit to ensure a good connection. Tape won’t really get you there. Also inspect the socket and pins for signs of corrosion, overheating, or burning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts