Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past couple of months I've had the Starter Cut Relay (at least that's what the mechanic said it was the first time) fall out after stopping / getting out of the car. This second time I found the location and put it back in. It is located behind the interior fuse box against/near the driver's wheel well. It took me a long time to find it since it was behind electrical harnesses and the fuse box. I see no mention of it in the manual, etc.

Has anyone else had an issue with this falling out? This time I put some electrical tape on it to hold it in place hopefully. The only thing I can think of is that the parking brake (which runs right by there) has slowly vibrated the relay out over time. Attached is a photo of the relay, I couldn't get a good picture of the location unfortunately.

Finger Thumb Nail Electronic engineering

·
Registered
854 Posts
Try bending the pins a little to create a tighter fit? You may need to crimp the female side a bit as well. You really want a tight fit to ensure a good connection. Tape won’t really get you there. Also inspect the socket and pins for signs of corrosion, overheating, or burning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over the past couple of months I've had the Starter Cut Relay (at least that's what the mechanic said it was the first time) fall out after stopping / getting out of the car. This second time I found the location and put it back in. It is located behind the interior fuse box against/near the driver's wheel well. It took me a long time to find it since it was behind electrical harnesses and the fuse box. I see no mention of it in the manual, etc.

Has anyone else had an issue with this falling out? This time I put some electrical tape on it to hold it in place hopefully. The only thing I can think of is that the parking brake (which runs right by there) has slowly vibrated the relay out over time. Attached is a photo of the relay, I couldn't get a good picture of the location unfortunately.

View attachment 142505
We have had this issue twice now. The first time we jumped the starter solenoid and drove it to the dealer, to be charged $200 dollars for them to put a new relay in. They also would not give us details about where the number 2 starter cut relay was. We know where number 1 is. The second time was this past week, on vacation, 5 hours from home. We finally found the relay, half out. Plugged back in and started no issue. I am also searching to see if anyone else has the same issue. I thought about tinning the spade connectors very slightly to make them thicker, but maybe as Brian mentioned, splaying them will help. I do realize this thread is 7mos old. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts