Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From browsing this forum, it is my understanding that 2012 is the last year Honda released service manuals to the public. Has anyone successfully used these manuals on a 2015? I assume there are a lot of similarities between the 2012-2015 range, but I just got my 2015 - I don't know it as well as my other vehicle in terms of what I would need a manual for.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I also have a 2015 and I use the 2012 myself ..only difference I found are minor body style stuff but mechanically its the exact same ..good luck and Happy motoring ....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a 2015 and I use the 2012 myself ..only difference I found are minor body style stuff but mechanically its the exact same ..good luck and Happy motoring ....
Thanks man. So far no happy motoring. Tracking down a vibration in 2nd gear (hopefully goes away after 3X fluid change) , chipping paint, and just spent $150 on fluids because previous owner was a dolt.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Thanks man. So far no happy motoring. Tracking down a vibration in 2nd gear (hopefully goes away after 3X fluid change) , chipping paint, and just spent $150 on fluids because previous owner was a dolt.
That sucks .. Did you check out the TSB on the shaft vibration ? its one of the stickies ..I only mention it since my 2015 was under that tsb issue.. That's also a gripe I have i do more maintenance than my two 06's put together ..it just seems the newer the pilot is the more maintenance you need to do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That sucks .. Did you check out the TSB on the shaft vibration ? its one of the stickies ..I only mention it since my 2015 was under that tsb issue.. That's also a gripe I have i do more maintenance than my two 06's put together ..it just seems the newer the pilot is the more maintenance you need to do.
The TSB for the PCM update? I only have a 2WD so no shaft for me. I actually had that TSB applied today (with a wheel balance). At least that's what my service report said. Who knows what they did. After my fluid change, if no improvement, it's going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just received my shop manual set from eBay yesterday. I got the Service Manual Vol 1 & 2, Electrical, and Body, all 2012. I have a 2013 but greatly prefer paper book manuals over the CD's. $170 was the cost, which is arguably a lot to pay. In my defense, I tend to keep my stuff and take care of it. I've always found it beneficial to have the actual OEM manuals and am somewhat disappointed that moving forward they won't be an option.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just received my shop manual set from eBay yesterday. I got the Service Manual Vol 1 & 2, Electrical, and Body, all 2012. I have a 2013 but greatly prefer paper book manuals over the CD's. $170 was the cost, which is arguably a lot to pay. In my defense, I tend to keep my stuff and take care of it. I've always found it beneficial to have the actual OEM manuals and am somewhat disappointed that moving forward they won't be an option.
$190? Ouch. I paid $60 for my electronic copy.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ouch-ouch! I think the CD version was $35 on ebay. (a few years ago now)

I'm a longtime paper-manual collector, as I often make notes and add documentation when appropriate. The CD sets are good, since I can print out the pages I need and color on them to my heart's content. Marked and commented pages go into the car's logbook so the net effect is the same as having a paper set. I also like the searchable PDF format, linked tables of contents, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ouch-ouch! I think the CD version was $35 on ebay. (a few years ago now)

I'm a longtime paper-manual collector, as I often make notes and add documentation when appropriate. The CD sets are good, since I can print out the pages I need and color on them to my heart's content. Marked and commented pages go into the car's logbook so the net effect is the same as having a paper set. I also like the searchable PDF format, linked tables of contents, etc.
Yep, I think my CD set was like $45 shipped from here:

Bishko Automobile Liturature available for 2012, Honda, Shop Manual

·
Registered
16 Posts
I should add that my last experience with digital manuals was so long ago that it was written for Windows 98(r)!

I'm sure, especially since the paper manuals are no longer available, that the CD's are much more usable. What surprised me was that all my other shop manual sets have the part numbers for the blow-out diagrams and non of the Honda manuals include them. There are a couple O-rings that specify replacement and I'll have to trust the parts counter since I can't come up with a number.

Looking at some of my motorcycle manuals, it looks like Honda utilizes a separate manual called the Parts Catalog that contains the number listings. Must be a Honda thing..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts