Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 EX-L and noticed the spray nozzle on the back window has broken off. It looks like I can get a replacement part for $12 but how hard is it to replace myself? Anyone have instructions? Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Remove the two clear red plastic covers out on the ends of the high mount brake lens. Use a plane end screw driver and pry gently, they don't require much force to remove.

Then remove the two phillips screws, pull the lens assembly out and disconnect the hose from the washer nozzle, remove the gray plastic bulb housing cover from the backside of the lens so you can work on remove the washer nozzle without it up above your head. From the back side of the lens you should see some clips holding in the washer nozzle.

Remove old nozzle, install new and reverse disassembly steps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the two clear red plastic covers out on the ends of the high mount brake lens. Use a plane end screw driver and pry gently, they don't require much force to remove.

Then remove the two phillips screws, pull the lens assembly out and disconnect the hose from the washer nozzle, remove the gray plastic bulb housing cover from the backside of the lens so you can work on remove the washer nozzle without it up above your head. From the back side of the lens you should see some clips holding in the washer nozzle.

Remove old nozzle, install new and reverse disassembly steps.
Awesome! Thanks so much. Sounds pretty easy. I may see if AutoZone has this part in stock so I don't have to wait for shipping.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Awesome! Thanks so much. Sounds pretty easy. I may see if AutoZone has this part in stock so I don't have to wait for shipping.
You can try, but I highly doubt they'll have it. That is a part that isn't commonly replaced so places like Autozone, NAPA, etc. don't stock those kind of parts and you're stuck with going through the dealer to order it. There are a few online Honda dealers you can order parts through, or visit your local dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the new nozzle but as I am going to replace it, the plastic connector that goes into the hose broke off of the old nozzle. I'm not sure if I can buy the connector piece or not and if so, it seems impossible to get out of the hose. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Squeeze the end of the hose with pliers to crush/shatter the old plastic end. Dump the plastic bits out of the hose. Connect to new piece.

Kind of a brute-force method but it usually works for getting broken-off hard plastic out of hoses.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I'll try that. Any idea where I can get a new connector piece? I'm hoping if I do get it, I can even put it in the hose far enough so that it doesn't leak. I tried a duct tape job with the old, broken piece and it didn't work too well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've looked all over but can't seem to find the connector piece that goes into the hose and then attaches to the actually sprayer. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the new nozzle but as I am going to replace it, the plastic connector that goes into the hose broke off of the old nozzle. I'm not sure if I can buy the connector piece or not and if so, it seems impossible to get out of the hose. Any thoughts?
Once you have pulled the nozzle out, you will see a little gray split keeper. spread that and it will pop off and allow the broken unit to slide out. No need for pliers and hammers :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2013 Pilot EX with a broken rear nozzle, and I'm waiting for the part to arrive from Amazon. This thread is helpful as I didn't find any YouTube videos describing this fix. I was thinking that I would have to approach this from the inside of the vehicle, not the outside. Perhaps posting this message on the thread 2y later will prompt updates (or even pics).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I'll try that. Any idea where I can get a new connector piece? I'm hoping if I do get it, I can even put it in the hose far enough so that it doesn't leak. I tried a duct tape job with the old, broken piece and it didn't work too well.
It should be part of the new squirter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts