Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In August 2019, I had a miss fire and issue with number 1 cylinder. Long story short after replacing spark plugs and wires, I found out about the tsb on my car and dealer made the repair. Shortly after I notice an infrequent physical jerk happen at different times which almost felt like a miss fire but without any check engine light or codes. It seem to be worst on a trip this December but I thought maybe it was not the engine but the transmission so I had a single flush of the system by a shop. This did not stop the issue so I took it to the dealer. They put it on there computer and it did not find any misfires or any other indicator of the problem. They drove it and suggested that it might be an issue with that torque converter and that doing a trip flush with a software upgrade has help others before replacing the converter. Did what was advised but it is still doing it. The car can be sitting still with car in drive (no movement) with ac on and I can fill the physical knock/jerk in the car. If The Ac is off with same condition then I don’t seem to feel anything. This knock/ jerk can be felt at infrequent time when driving. I am wondering if I have a compressor issue. Has anyone experienced something like?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Yes, the A/C compressor could be your problem if there is no sudden jerk when the A/C is off. How many miles do you have on your 2012?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
The mileage is around 182k.
If you have determined that this only occurs when the compressor kicks on, you probably found your trouble.
At 182k it is plausible.

Reactions: bdozer1965
1 - 4 of 4 Posts