Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the VTM-4, VSA, and ABS lights on the dash come on today when driving. I don't have an ABS reader handy to pull the codes. Does the trick with jumping pins 4 and 9 on the OBD-II port and getting the ABS light to flash on the dash work on the 2012 pilot? Or am I stuck going to a shop to read the ABS codes? (I tried Autozone, they only have OBD-II readers, not ABS). I'm guessing it's probably just a speed sensor problem, but want to check the codes to make sure. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
A code scanner should still tell you what the code is if the check engine light is one. you need an ABS scanner if your are trying to reset the ABS light and the VTM-4

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No check engine light on. Just the ABS/VSA/VTM-4 lights. I'll see if I can get my hands on an ABS reader.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
No check engine light on. Just the ABS/VSA/VTM-4 lights. I'll see if I can get my hands on an ABS reader.
Yah that's a bugger of a one ... good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.. I got underneath the car and measured the ABS sensors with my multimeter. The rear passenger ABS sensor shows completely open (measured the driver rear too, and it showed resistance), so I'm guessing that's the problem. Time to order the part..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update for anyone that happens to find this via search - I replaced the rear ABS sensor, and the lights went away, so that confirms it was it. If VTM-4, VSA, and ABS lights are on with no check engine, it's probably an ABS sensor. Just need to get under the car and use an ohmmeter to figure out which one is dead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts