Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, am new to forum.

I have a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L with Navi

Tried to install the 2018 map update (green discs) purchased from HERE.

Inserted disc 1, system just kept rebooting. Showing "disc read" on radio and earth picture on screen, then goes blank; reboots and shows the same "disc read" and the earth picture screen; and then on and on. Sometimes, the screen stays blank for a minute sometimes momentarily. I let it go for quite a while, about 10-12 minutes, before giving up. None of the screens described in the instruction manual ever popped up on screen.

Inserted the disc 2 instead just to see (this update has 2 discs), and correctly get the error message as described in the manual that came with the DVDs.
Unit plays CDs fine; and everything works great, just really old map (original) in system.
This is second set. First set did same thing and called HERE to get replacement disc set, thinking disc was bad; but, evidently not, since I have same issues.

Lady at HERE suggested taking car to the dealer for repair. But I rather not, suspect dealer will just charge me an arm and leg for a replacement set.

Anyone out there have similar experience? Anyone with suggestions?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
These GPS updates are unit/vehicle specific.

When you ordered these discs, did you provide all of the details regarding:

Vehicle Identification Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Device ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
Database Version: xxxxx.xx.xx

You will need to contact Here.com, here's their information:
888-628-6277 or e-mail [email protected]

They will review your information and provide you with the correct information for your map updates:
Item #: Uxxxx-xxxx-xxx
Activation code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my 2014, I saw the same message. Turned out that I put it in the wrong disc slot. It goes in the audio/cd slot, not the DVD slot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts