Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wondering if someone can guide me with appropriate tools to remove / replace honda pilot door.

Pic 1. Which socket / screw driver would I need.
Pic 2. Is there an easy way to open the hinge ?
Pic 3. Any tips for opening the wires.

Also is it easy to open the bolts on pic1 or pic3 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
If you're asking a forum on what tools you'll need I suggest that you have a professional help. Take it to a body shop. Or look at YouTube to see if any tutorials exist.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have changed power steering pump on my Acura TL a while back. And the stuff which bothered me a lot was lack of proper tools, which I have garnered now . That’s the reason why I have asked for guidance. I definitely would not be posting here if I had to take it to body shop.

So it would be great if someone can reply on the suggestions. Also there is always a first time ?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Thanks. I have changed power steering pump on my Acura TL a while back. And the stuff which bothered me a lot was lack of proper tools, which I have garnered now . That’s the reason why I have asked for guidance. I definitely would not be posting here if I had to take it to body shop.

So it would be great if someone can reply on the suggestions. Also there is always a first time ?
The point I am making is that it's not just the matter of replacing the door. Once you bolt up the new door, you need to adjust it accordingly. This is done by adjusting the striker plate in conjunction with the hinge bolts. This requires professional knowledge, i.e. a body shop. If not done properly, you could have wind and water leaks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gotcha. Thanks for the advice. Body shops are quoting ridiculous price for this about 1600 dollars. Junk yard got a door for about 500 bucks so thinking of DIY.

How difficult is this adjustment ?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi, wondering if someone can guide me with appropriate tools to remove / replace honda pilot door.

Pic 1. Which socket / screw driver would I need.
Pic 2. Is there an easy way to open the hinge ?
Pic 3. Any tips for opening the wires.

Also is it easy to open the bolts on pic1 or pic3 ?
Basically all you do is remove the four bolts found in pic 3 (10mm or 12mm, I forget) and remove the one bolt securing the door check in pic 2. If the harness is like other Hondas, you have to unplug the door wire harness from the dash and feed it through the hole from the body to the door. Reverse procedure to reinstall the door.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It doesn't take much I became a pro no thanks to the local deer around my place ... i used a wooden meter stick that was cut down to the doors width i used that to give clearance when the door was adjusted as long as the rubber lines up and closes ..you are good to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts