Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately my wife had a sudden stop with some metal poles in the car and one went through the display screen. I was wondering if I could save myself a few hundred bucks by replacing the screen myself. But I couldn't find any tutorial on how to take it out and replace it. Does anyone have any advice? Is there a particular part number I should be looking for or will any of the used screens on ebay work fine?

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
Technically you don’t really need it…as in you can use use the smaller screen to control the radio and climate control.

I would suggest looking up the Navtool installation video which includes removing the screen (I think).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the smaller screen only has the climate control. The radio is strictly controlled on the larger (cracked) screen. If it was only the radio I could probably get by but unfortunately now the backup camera is rendered useless as well.

I checked out the Navtool videos and couldn't find one with this exact model dashboard. Should they all be pretty similar to disassemble?

·
Registered
699 Posts
The part you need is 39710-SZA-A320-M1
Plenty of them on ebay for about $80 each. i.e. 12 13 14 15 Honda Pilot Navigation Radio Info Information Display Screen OEM LKQ | eBay
You could go for a refurb: Used 2015 HONDA PILOT DISPLAY SCREEN NAVIGATION GPS RADIO - OEM 39710-SZA-A320 - Benzeen Auto Parts

Replacement is also rather straightforward. First, you pull off the curved 'dome' panel on top. It has clips facing the windshield so you kinda need to pull it directly away from windshield. Wedging a flat screwdriver under its front lip and turning it should help start it off.
As you may see from ebay listing, the screen module got those metal 'wings' in the back. That is where you need to take out a pair of screws. Remove two connectors from the screen module and one from the airbag warning light. Now you can pull the module towards you a bit and lift it vertically up. I don't recall there being any retaining screws in the lower part.
The whole procedure should take no more than 20-30 min.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts