Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well-got the call back from the dealership. They are going to replace the propeller shaft going to the rear under the Honda Care but he said that the contract doesn't cover a recommended software update(about $100). Prefer not to spend the $100 but it's a no brainer. I pick it up Monday as they had to order the shaft.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I'd like to know if Honda charges the dealers every time they install an update.

I liken this to my computer or my phone, they get regular updates that are free, why wouldn't the manufacturer do the same for their vehicles? I suppose I would feel even more passionate about this if I had a vehicle that was "connected" in some way.

Either way, glad to hear your issue is getting sorted out.

Reactions: bdozer1965

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to know if Honda charges the dealers every time they install an update.

I liken this to my computer or my phone, they get regular updates that are free, why wouldn't the manufacturer do the same for their vehicles? I suppose I would feel even more passionate about this if I had a vehicle that was "connected" in some way.

Either way, glad to hear your issue is getting sorted out.
Cinto all I have to say is if it wasn't for this forum and finding out I could(and did) get the HondaCare 8/120 for WAAAAAY cheaper than the selling dealer(I no longer use them for anything) was trying to extract from me, I'd be really pissed off. I think I spent around $1,400 with tax for the warranty and it has paid for a new Rack & Pinion, driver's seat frame and now this. The seat frame alone was $1,600.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Cinto all I have to say is if it wasn't for this forum and finding out I could(and did) get the HondaCare 8/120 for WAAAAAY cheaper than the selling dealer(I no longer use them for anything) was trying to extract from me, I'd be really pissed off. I think I spent around $1,400 with tax for the warranty and it has paid for a new Rack & Pinion, driver's seat frame and now this. The seat frame alone was $1,600.
Wow you definitely got your money's worth out of it!

My dad bought it when he got his '11 Yukon XL Denali, assuming his first vehicle with such features would have issues. Not one penny has been spent during the extended period or since it has expired. I recharged the A/C last summer and had to reglue one of the rear defroster cables to the window. Otherwise it's been routine maintenance. But when one shock goes up they recommend replacing the whole system (active shocks with air springs at all corners) to the tune of $3500 or so. The AWD transfer case in them isn't known to be the most robust either and it has GMs AFM system (think VCM but it collapses a couple lifters so the pushrods don't actuate the valves on those cylinders). AFM is known to cause issues and while the engine is an LS it still costs thousands to fix the issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts