Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My wife has 2012 Honda Pilot. We had only one door handle that would work, now today both don't work. So we aren't able to open the door from outside anymore. So wondering if you have had a similar issue and how to fix it and what it would cost to do. When we went to the dealership they weren't aware of the issue and how to fix it. So need to know what the problem is and how to get it fixed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Door actuators may have gone out. Which doors aren't working? All 4? Have you tried the key in the driver's door?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Which doors have the issue?
Can you open those doors from the inside?
Did you notice any intermittent behavior before the issue became permanent?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both passenger and driver side on back row doors. Yes the inside can be used to open the door, but the door handle can't be opened from the outside. Its basically stuck in place.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
When you press the master door lock switch from the driver’s door do the locked/unlocked indicator latches on the rear doors toggle? Mine is a 2005 and the indicator is in a different location but I’m guessing the behavior is similar. If you don’t see those indicator latches toggling it could be bad actuators as mentioned above.
When you say the outer door handle is stuck in place do you mean the outer door handle doesn’t extend out when you pull on it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts