Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have a 2102 pilot touring andi am getting intermittent lights coming on for engine, vtm & vsa. the codes are as follows: u0114 83-12 86-14 86-12
anyone have any idea why these are happening? enginelight was first to come on and they don't always all come on. its been about two weeks since it started. thanks!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
hi
i have a 2102 pilot touring andi am getting intermittent lights coming on for engine, vtm & vsa. the codes are as follows: u0114 83-12 86-14 86-12
anyone have any idea why these are happening? enginelight was first to come on and they don't always all come on. its been about two weeks since it started. thanks!
Take you pilot to an advanced auto or autozone have them properly scan the codes than you will have a better idea what is going on. Your in NY there are plenty locations around depends on where in NY you even have CT and NJ ... google the nearest one to you .

let us know!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would lean towards a power issue. Check battery and alternator condition.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Tahoe i did get the codes from a mechanic - here is what they say
86-12 F-CAN communication with pcm (engine) malfunction
86-14 F-CAN communication with gauge control module malfunction
83-12 malfunction (A?T)
U0114 F_CAN malfunction (SH-AWD/VTM-4 control unit - pcm)

so i am confused by the communication malfuntion?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
83-12 malfunction (A?T)

Sorry this clears things up ..How many miles on your Pilot? Most of the F-can functions are related to the PCM. Pull the harness to the PCM make sure its not kinked while its connected to the PCM.

·
Registered
703 Posts
83-12 malfunction (A?T)

The CAN communication bus is a "party line" system using a pair of wires, twisted together and routed to modules in the car in a (usually) daisy chain fashion. It's a cost effective way to do bi-directional digital communication, without having the bulk and expense of home-run digital control lines to each module.

I haven't looked at the Pilot's buses, but there would be at least one HIGH speed and one LOW speed bus, with several to dozens of modules talking in turn on each bus. *Any" misbehaving module--that transmits at the wrong time or causes electrical loading--can disrupt communication for all the other modules on that bus.

Other CAN bus issues include critter nibbling or harness rubbing on sharp points of the body, causing shorts to ground or adjacent wiring in the harness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts