Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Bought outright used in 2017. OEM Alarm worked fine. Recently, (within the last 6 months) I've notice that if I park the car and I don't physically press the lock button, when I return to the truck, the door is still unlocked...

The settings I have set command to lock after 15 seconds or 30 seconds, can't remember as I set it as soon as I bought it.

Any suggestions on the cause? I'd rather not replace the OEM alarm system right now.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
What year is your Pilot? Because if it is the one pictured, it doesn't function like that. The 15 second auto lock is after you shift it into drive and drive away, or it locks immediately once it is shifted to drive. That is probably the setting you changed. If it is a 2017 and it has keyless entry and start, then it may function like my ex-wife's accord where it auto locks once the FOB exceeds 5 feet away from the vehicle.

Please clarify.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
So you don't want to 'Lock' your car by simply pushing the button?

Again, I'm not judging.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 2012. Your correct about the auto lock
So you don't want to 'Lock' your car by simply pushing the button?

Again, I'm not judging.
The obvious answer is of course. The issue is when I or my wife forgets, the alarm should auto arm. I'm trying to understand what is wrong.

·
Registered
175 Posts
That setting I believe is when you unlock it and don't open any doors, how long it waits to relock itself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its a 2012. Your correct about the auto lock
That setting I believe is when you unlock it and don't open any doors, how long it waits to relock itself.
MZX is correct, the relock timer is if you unlock the doors, but then walk away instead and don't actually open a door. So the setting is for how long you want the car to wait before rearming itself.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the clarification guys. so any reason why the alarm wont auto arm itself if I don't arm it?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thank you for the clarification guys. so any reason why the alarm wont auto arm itself if I don't arm it?
Yeah, because you have to arm / lock it to set the alarm. It doesn’t auto lock / auto arm.

·
Registered
175 Posts
To clarify Briantii, when you lock your pilot using the key, it automatically arms itself. There is no separate step.

You might be able to test it out yourself. Lock your pilot with the window open using the key and after waiting a minute or two, reach in and try unlocking the door using the physical lock in the door handle. It should set the alarm off.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
The "auto-lock if I forget" feature you descibe would find you locked out of the car a lot. The car has no way to tell if you are leaving the car to go shop more, , or taking a minute to put the shopping cart back before leaving. Purse on the seat...

·
Registered
753 Posts
To clarify Briantii, when you lock your pilot using the key, it automatically arms itself. There is no separate step.

You might be able to test it out yourself. Lock your pilot with the window open using the key and after waiting a minute or two, reach in and try unlocking the door using the physical lock in the door handle. It should set the alarm off.
I know. I thought that’s what I said. Sorry if it wasn’t clear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts