Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks awesome. I updated my front turn signals with switchbacks. So they light up white, matching your headlights when in park mode, but flash amber when the turn signal or hazards are turned on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sure does look nice. Very clean car. Looks fantastic for a 10 year old car. What’s your secret to keeping it looking so nice?
Thanks for the compliment and to to be honest I picked this Pilot up 3 months ago. The previous owner really took great care of it. It has 119000km on it lol.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks for the compliment and to to be honest I picked this Pilot up 3 months ago. The previous owner really took great care of it. It has 119000km on it lol.
I traded in my 2011 in may. It had 250k miles on it. Still going strong when I traded it in. I’d agree the previous owner took fantastic care of your car. It looks fantastic. In fact one of the cleanest 2012 I’ve seen. Was the previous owner able to give you the maintenance history on it? Don’t know the conversion of miles to kilometers but was the timing belt and water pump switched out or do you still have some time to get it done? Be proud. That’s one beautiful Pilot and the LED upgrade will make a huge difference at night

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I traded in my 2011 in may. It had 250k miles on it. Still going strong when I traded it in. I’d agree the previous owner took fantastic
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Tread Road surface Asphalt

care of your car. It looks fantastic. In fact one of the cleanest 2012 I’ve seen. Was the previous owner able to give you the maintenance history on it? Don’t know the conversion of miles to kilometers but was the timing belt and water pump switched out or do you still have some time to get it done? Be proud. That’s one beautiful Pilot and the LED upgrade will make a huge difference at night
Aha thanks my friend ! And 119000km to miles is roughly 74000km. He didn’t supply me with the maintenance records but I was able to find it on car facts, he did do he’s regular maintenance intervals at the dealehrsip. When I picked it up it needed an ATF fluid flush so I got it done with the rear differential and transfer case fluid. Also replaced the front sway bar links. I went the extra mile and purchased all black OEM running boards. She’s been a beauty so far I have no complaints.
I recently picked up some OEM Honda rims I plan on plastidiping matte black. Will post pics when I get around to it!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Tangent a little --

I'm interested in the history of that hood. It looks like the whole underside is black, where mine (2013 Touring in same body/interior colors) is painted the exterior silver color. Your hood stickers look like they are sort of painted too. Can you share details on that? Almost looks like bedliner paint one might use for some noise reduction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tangent a little --

I'm interested in the history of that hood. It looks like the whole underside is black, where mine (2013 Touring in same body/interior colors) is painted the exterior silver color. Your hood stickers look like they are sort of painted too. Can you share details on that? Almost looks like bedliner paint one might use for some noise reduction.
pretty sure it’s the same as yours…attached more pics.
Sky Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tangent a little --

Where is the hood sticker located ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tangent a little --

Inside is silver too
Liquid Water Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Must be a camera thing and the bright background in your second pic in post 1. Fooled me into thinking the underside is black. But it's just in the shadow with all the light behind it. Hard to justify a fill flash in daylight just so some blind guy can see better... ;)

Tangent back --
I just did the LED headlight bulb upgrade a month or so ago, and finally got a chance to drive the car at night. The difference is amazing. I did get flashed a few times on the highway, so I've since adjusted the lows down 4 "clicks". They came out at exactly the same spot that the original candles hit on the garage door when I installed them, but there's enough scatter to bother other drivers with the brighter LEDs apparently. It may be another month before I can sneak out again in the dark. Blind guy and all...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If these were what you used, did you need to add resistors to prevent hyperblinking or was it just a simple bulb replacement?.
It was a simple bulb replacement I did notice tho when I ever I try to take a pic of the drls the lights do flash but in person they do not. I’m super impressed with the outcome defs made the suv look more modern.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts