Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's side heat only gets a little warm. The passenger side gets very hot and the rear gets very hot. I have replaced the thermostat and flushed the cooling system. Removed all air from the cooling system. Checked and verified the operation of the driver side and passenger side heat door controllers and they are fully functional. When the driver side heat door controller is in the full heat position it is only putting out warm air, not hot air. I don't believe it could be the heater core since the passenger side puts out very hot air. The new thermostat is from Honda and I used Prestone Honda brand antifreeze. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Take a look at the blender door it's not fully opening to the heat position . Our second gen Pilots have the dual climate controls so the one you need to address is on the drivers side.
You are correct i would not suspect the heater core also sine you already stated the passenger can wear shorts in -15 weather . :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The driver's side heat only gets a little warm. The passenger side gets very hot and the rear gets very hot. I have replaced the thermostat and flushed the cooling system. Removed all air from the cooling system. Checked and verified the operation of the driver side and passenger side heat door controllers and they are fully functional. When the driver side heat door controller is in the full heat position it is only putting out warm air, not hot air. I don't believe it could be the heater core since the passenger side puts out very hot air. The new thermostat is from Honda and I used Prestone Honda brand antifreeze. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem. I have done everything you have done. It still is not heating. The drivers side blend door actuator is moving its full range. I even took the actuator off and manually move the door and it did not help. Can you tell me what you found with your Honda pilot? Did you get it fixed? Any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
I have the same problem. I have done everything you have done. It still is not heating. The drivers side blend door actuator is moving its full range. I even took the actuator off and manually move the door and it did not help. Can you tell me what you found with your Honda pilot? Did you get it fixed? Any ideas would be great.
I believe that there is a possibility that the gear on the blend door actuator can be installed incorrectly, not allowing the blend door to close fully. If the passenger side has full heat, then obviously there is nothing wrong with the heater core.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Classic sign of the core getting plugged, assuming the blend door is operating correctly. You have good heat on the pass side because that's where the water enters the core. Because the flow is restricted, the heat in the coolant is used up by the time it gets to the drivers side of the core. We do a chemical flush on the core that pumps through the core for an hour to break up the restrictions.

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Classic sign of the core getting plugged, assuming the blend door is operating correctly. You have good heat on the pass side because that's where the water enters the core. Because the flow is restricted, the heat in the coolant is used up by the time it gets to the drivers side of the core. We do a chemical flush on the core that pumps through the core for an hour to break up the restrictions.
Eat my words lol

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Found this on the Accord forum. Nice DIY. Post #6 with instructions, pics and follow up with a YouTube video.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found this on the Accord forum. Nice DIY. Post #6 with instructions, pics and follow up with a YouTube video.

This worked!! I now have 100% heat! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts