Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did that today. I also replaced the stabilizers. I wanted KYB. They were out of stock at 4 or 5 places online so I got the Gabriels from Rock Auto after some more research. I liked the ride on the 10 minute test drive after, but I had a lot more problems getting them in than I did the ones I put in my '03. Those were not Gabriel. At least on the '12, the 3 bolts on the strut top plate are not equidistant from each other, a fact I discovered attempting to install the first one. I also discovered that the strut top plate wasn't quite oriented correctly for everything to line up. This was on both new struts. I don't know if this is normal. I didn't have this issue on the '03. The only other problem I had was the lower bolt on the stabilizers was frozen. Of course it would have to be the lower, the upper didn't matter since it was coming out with the strut. A combination of a sawzall and an angle grinder got 'er done. The geometry of the '12 is different than the 03, there was a lot less room to manipulate things so that made getting the struts in that much harder.

The good news is all the squeaking is gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts