2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 pilot is approaching 100K. I’m planing performing the following:
timing belt
water pump
timing belt tensioner and pulley
spark plugs
serpentine belt

Am I missing anything?? I‘ve done timing belts before. Is there any tricks or tips I should know about for Pilots?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Have a look at the Aisin kit, and I recommend changing some bolts with new OEM that are prone to breaking. Pay special attention to exact torque specifications for everything... broken bolts are common and turn a simpler job into a nightmare.

Other things on my list that might be overlooked:

Transmission fluid change (3 times if you are behind)
Brake fluid flush
Power steering fluid change
Engine air filter/cabin filter

Some people report the drive/serpentine belt tensioner bolt breaking shortly after a timing belt job (since it must be removed as part of the TB job). I'd pay special attention to this bolt, and the torque specs. I reused mine, and have not had any issues since the timing belt work was done (7000 miles and 8 months ago) but I'd give the pulleys a good inspection since you have to remove it. The shock absorber on the tensioner was leaking on mine, but I haven't opted to replace it just yet.

Reactions: 97trophy

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Spend the money and if you can purchase an OEM tensioner ..i used the one in the Aisin kit for the Gen 1 Pilots and it failed 15 months after install. I'm also coming up to the time for my 2015 little by little i'm buying the parts OEM for this job .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts