Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2012-2015 TAILGATE DIAGRAMS AND CONNECTORS INFO

5114 10
I've noticed a few people having issues with tailgates hope this helps...

Text Design Parallel Pattern Font
Text Parallel Diagram Plan Technical drawing
Text Pattern Design Pattern Technical drawing
Technical drawing Plan Text Diagram Drawing
Text Diagram Parallel Font Schematic
Text Diagram Design Pattern Plan
Text Organism History Paper
Text Adaptation Organism Paper Font
Vehicle
Text Technology Electronics Landscape
Reactions: aggrex
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
rear fog lights?
Hi ,
I am having Pilot 2012 EX - GCC specification without Rear view camera , Nav and Power tail gate . I would like to install rear view camera on my main screen . Do you have any wiring diagram , so it will be a great help for me , if you can share to me .

Also i want to ask if i adopt power tail gate components from a touring model , will i abe able to install in my EX model by following your diagram which you had shared?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The factory power tailgate function is a lot more than just the power lift module. There's a lot of integration with the car, including a different control module in the left rear quarter area, and most importantly the wiring and can-bus interface and software are different. The safety features for the power lift system are integrated with other systems, so for instance the actuator won't lift when the hatch is locked, plus the impact protection auto reverse function. The close button and related wiring are missing from the lower trim models, and the door lock interface for the remote isn't configured. You would only be able to open and close the hatch from the button in the driver's door under the best circumstances, assuming you could get the other modules in the car (instrument cluster, PCM, locks, power delivery components, interconnecting wiring) to communicate with a new gate control module.

During my years in this forum, questions about adding hi-line features to lower-trim versions come up regularly. I just want to add one or two things from a higher-line trim package... Honda builds each model/trim specifically, and there's virtually no wiring or communications ability to make even seemingly simple feature additions practical. Unfortunately, at least in my very limited personal one-time experience with the dealer salesperson, it's up to the buyer to do all their research on model features before walking in to buy a Honda. As a result, folks seem to find themselves wishing for higher-trim features only because they weren't aware when they shopped. There's plenty of trim-specific features we just don't use in ours, but there are easily enough that do get regular use to make the higher trim level very worthwhile for the way -we- use the car. Conclusion: Be an informed shopper before you first set foot on the dealer's lot.

Reactions: Shan321

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD w/Sensing
114 Posts
Definitely agree with dr bob's assessment. I just cannibalized my power liftgate on a 3rd Gen to install a temporary disable switch. There's SO MUCH going on with this, that it would probably be an impossible task. I've seen posts/ads for aftermarket power liftgate kits. That might be a better option. (Let someone else do the design.)

One thing... @dr bob
I have a 2011 CRV-SE (which is basically a base model with alloy wheels, tinted windows, better stereo (with steering wheel controls), and different interior trim. Consider it an LX+.) It didn't come with intermittent wipers!!! :oops:

Through some wonderful posting on the CRV equivalent forum, I learned that I could buy the replacement wiper control stalk for the EX level CRV, and replace mine, and voila!!! Intermittent wipers!!! I'm sure this is a RARE occurrence, HONDA putting the wires/feature in place, just leaving out the proper switch, but boy was I happy. Best $60 upgrade I put on that car! Still driving it, and I use the intermittent wipers all the time. I can't believe HONDA chose to do that, it makes NO SENSE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The factory power tailgate function is a lot more than just the power lift module. There's a lot of integration with the car, including a different control module in the left rear quarter area, and most importantly the wiring and can-bus interface and software are different. The safety features for the power lift system are integrated with other systems, so for instance the actuator won't lift when the hatch is locked, plus the impact protection auto reverse function. The close button and related wiring are missing from the lower trim models, and the door lock interface for the remote isn't configured. You would only be able to open and close the hatch from the button in the driver's door under the best circumstances, assuming you could get the other modules in the car (instrument cluster, PCM, locks, power delivery components, interconnecting wiring) to communicate with a new gate control module.

During my years in this forum, questions about adding hi-line features to lower-trim versions come up regularly. I just want to add one or two things from a higher-line trim package... Honda builds each model/trim specifically, and there's virtually no wiring or communications ability to make even seemingly simple feature additions practical. Unfortunately, at least in my very limited personal one-time experience with the dealer salesperson, it's up to the buyer to do all their research on model features before walking in to buy a Honda. As a result, folks seem to find themselves wishing for higher-trim features only because they weren't aware when they shopped. There's plenty of trim-specific features we just don't use in ours, but there are easily enough that do get regular use to make the higher trim level very worthwhile for the way -we- use the car. Conclusion: Be an informed shopper before you first set foot on the dealer's lot.
Thanks a lot for the detailed information. How about rear view camera installation in main screen bcoz I noticed some people used to install from after market. One local aftermarket shop people said if they can get wiring diagram, they can fix it.
So is it possible to view reverse camera in main screen?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The aftermarket solutions to display new info in the main screen seem to depend on fooling the display and patching the new video into the rear-view camera input. With no camera rear-view input, I don't know the next option.

Highly-regarded member Tahoe Fever shared a copy of the factory workshop manual as PDF. It's in the last couple years, an while labelled for the 2012 car, the info is consistent through the 2015 cars. A little searching will get you that downloadable manual set, which includes the wiring diagrams for US cars.

Look here:

Reactions: Shan321

·
Registered
6 Posts
The aftermarket solutions to display new info in the main screen seem to depend on fooling the display and patching the new video into the rear-view camera input. With no camera rear-view input, I don't know the next option.

Highly-regarded member Tahoe Fever shared a copy of the factory workshop manual as PDF. It's in the last couple years, an while labelled for the 2012 car, the info is consistent through the 2015 cars. A little searching will get you that downloadable manual set, which includes the wiring diagrams for US cars.

Look here:

Thanks a lot Bob , Let me go through it . Have a wonderful day.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts