Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First technical question for me! I did a search and didn't see the answer in the first few pages. If this has been answered before, please point me in the right direction.
Just picked up a 2011 Touring with NAV and RES. Is there any reason that today's phones wouldn't pair with the older HandsFreeLink? I know that it would be just for calls and not streaming, and I can live with that. I thought I was following the steps in the manual, but my phone didn't find the car. If this hasn't been an issue for anyone else I'll know I'm doing it wrong, lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 2014 and the phone doesn't find the car it's the other way around. You set your phone as discoverable and your car will search for your phone if it's the same.

·
Registered
176 Posts
it took me a few tries for my cell (iphone8) to recognize my 2012 touring, but once it was connected, it connects automatically everytime.
The only reason i finally tried after 9 years is because i just started using amazon music. The sound quality is horrifically quiet and devoid of bass compared to listening to an actual CD or one ripped to the HDD (both major reasons while i still keep the pilot). I think it may just be the REALLY primitive bluetooth on the pilot though, because i also have a 2019 kia niro with apple carplay and streaming sounds just as good even without the touring pilot's 650w stereo.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The sound quality is horrifically quiet and devoid of bass compared to listening to an actual CD or one ripped to the HDD (both major reasons while i still keep the pilot). I think it may just be the REALLY primitive bluetooth on the pilot though, because i also have a 2019 kia niro with apple carplay and streaming sounds just as good even without the touring pilot's 650w stereo.
The sound quality should really have rather little to do with it being a CD or bluetooth-streamed. Unless streamed music is a real poor quality MP3, which Amazon is generally not. One CAN discern quality differences between a CD and say, 320kbps MP3, in a quiet room or with real good headphones, and even that only on specific kinds of music - when running side-by-side very short sample tests. In most portable situations - in a car or on a street - there should be no audibly discernible difference. And even slowest bluetooth should offer 330kbps bandwidth (it goes to 990k)

The problem with your Bluetooth is most likely in your phone. Most phones these days have bluetooth volume software limiting.
You might want to read this, and see if it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts