Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
There would be two conditions where it would be necessary to use the longer lug nuts:
  • If the thread is deeper on the longer lug nuts and there's more wheel stud threading exposed with the new rims
  • If the design of the new rims makes it physically harder/more of a pain to access or reach the stock lug nuts.

You could test the second part by putting the new tire flat on the ground and putting the shorter lug nut in one of holes. If your tools can't reach it or have a hard time reaching it, then I would certainly go with the longer nuts. Also be sure to check using the emergency tire iron that comes with your Pilot so you can change a flat.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rims I’m use are the factory 11 ridgeline rims. Idk if I would put the longer lug nuts in if it thread on more. The short ones worked cause they got tight

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
I can't think of a need for the longer lugs if the short ones work. I can't see that there would be a problem using the long ones for appearance, if you wish.
Maybe the Ridgeline has longer bolt studs and would require the longer lug nut?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
15,886 Posts
2011 Pilot ex w/ 17 rims. I got 2011 ridgeline 18 wheels. The guy gave me lug nuts. They are the longer ones compared to the short ones the were stock. Do I need to use the longer lug nuts or use the current ones??
The seat of the nuts you picture suggest a very different mating surface with the wheel. Check the Pilot lug nuts part number with the Ridgeline. Its kinda important that wheels are properly secured to the axle...

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
The seat of the nuts you picture suggest a very different mating surface with the wheel. Check the Pilot lug nuts part number with the Ridgeline. Its kinda important that wheels are properly secured to the axle...
It appears that the longer ones will work on a 2011 Pilot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts