Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have a 2011 pilot and the originally owner that is having intermittent hesitation or sluggish issues. My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle.
she noted that the car would be a bit hesitation coming off a stop and accelerating almost like loss of power. I have witnessed it myself as well. the car only has 65K miles, I have changed
the plugs , cleaned the mass flow sensor, put injector cleaner in gas tank and use premium gas. but the issue is still there. The car doe snot have any codes
that are being thrown off. while driving i seems that the car is like slight jerking and when coming off a stop when it does happen is more of harder jerk or sluggish.

I changed the accelerator pedal assembly and will be testing that out tomorrow. I will also be changing the transmission oil and differential fluid. has anyone come
across similar issues, if so any input? this issue has been going on for several months now.

I could not find much out on the net.

Mike

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would probably clean the throttle body next. I would also connect to scan tool and drive it to see if it is getting misfires that just aren't frequent enough to throw a code (yet). You may have a bad coil.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello everyone, I have a 2011 pilot and the originally owner that is having intermittent hesitation or sluggish issues. My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle.
she noted that the car would be a bit hesitation coming off a stop and accelerating almost like loss of power. I have witnessed it myself as well. the car only has 65K miles, I have changed
the plugs , cleaned the mass flow sensor, put injector cleaner in gas tank and use premium gas. but the issue is still there. The car doe snot have any codes
that are being thrown off. while driving i seems that the car is like slight jerking and when coming off a stop when it does happen is more of harder jerk or sluggish.

I changed the accelerator pedal assembly and will be testing that out tomorrow. I will also be changing the transmission oil and differential fluid. has anyone come
across similar issues, if so any input? this issue has been going on for several months now.

I could not find much out on the net.

Mike
When you say you replace the “ changed the accelerator pedal assembly” did you change the “APP Sensor under the hood”?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When you say you replace the “ changed the accelerator pedal assembly” did you change the “APP Sensor under the hood”?
Hi and thanks for the replies, I was talking about the accelerator pedal inside the vehicle, supposedly that has the senors inside the unit to detect the acceleration level. I swapped it out and seemed to not cause hesitation or when one decreases then increases the pedal to be a bit sluggish. where is the APP located on the 2011 Pilot? we'll have to keep an eye and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and thanks for the replies, I was talking about the accelerator pedal inside the vehicle, supposedly that has the senors inside the unit to detect the acceleration level. I swapped it out and seemed to not cause hesitation or when one decreases then increases the pedal to be a bit sluggish. where is the APP located on the 2011 Pilot? we'll have to keep an eye and see what happens.
I spoke too soon, just took it for a drive and ended up with the sluggish behavior pulling out of the driveway up a hill. I wait until I change the transmission oil before purchasing the
APP sensor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My bad, it appears that the APP Sensor is now part of the accelerator pedal assembly. Prior to 2009 model year it was under the hood. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to report back, I changed the transmission oil along with the rear differential fluids, the pilot runs much better with no sluggish or hesitation from stop - its been several days now. The oil was discolored allot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts