Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a DIY for this part? Also 17130-RCA-A02 is the part number I found to be the oem replacement if im not mistaken. Where is it located at and would I only need a 12mm socket? Also its 160k miles on the original pcv and Ive read that you should do it when warm and not cold because it can snap inside and not come out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a diy of some sort.... should I attempt doing this when warm? Maybe a little penetrating fluid?

·
Registered
2009 EX-L RES
18 Posts
Found a diy of some sort.... should I attempt doing this when warm? Maybe a little penetrating fluid?
For what it’s worth, I changed mine at around 180k original and it did break off on me. Ended up having to pull shards of it out using some long needle nose and various other tools I could come up with. I’m not sure if this is common, and if I had to do it again I would definitely try to prepare more rather than just try to yank it out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For what it’s worth, I changed mine at around 180k original and it did break off on me. Ended up having to pull shards of it out using some long needle nose and various other tools I could come up with. I’m not sure if this is common, and if I had to do it again I would definitely try to prepare more rather than just try to yank it out.
I was thinking of using penetrating fluid and also when it is still hot, say 30 mins after running since it can be easier to move.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
I've heard of the PVC breaking on this forum, but in all my years it's never happened to me or anyone I know. Age would be a factor, but it probably has a lot to do with whether full synthetic or synthetic blend was used and if the oil changes were done on time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard of the PVC breaking on this forum, but in all my years it's never happened to me or anyone I know. Age would be a factor, but it probably has a lot to do with whether full synthetic or synthetic blend was used and if the oil changes were done on time.
Gotcha well this thing has had a mix of everything, but its always been on time or the olm and doesnt burn a lick of oil luckily.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
This is a 2nd gen thread, let's blame the VCM.
😝

1 - 8 of 8 Posts