Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Pilot key fob not working after motor replacement. Any ideas? No green key light when cranking and drives fine.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Did you change out the computer? Your old computer is programmed to recognize the fob RFI chip

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,165 Posts
Perhaps the green key icon on the dash no longer works. I thought if the immobilizer icon doesn’t illuminate when cranking (assuming the light does work) that the Pilot doesn’t start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps the green key icon on the dash no longer works. I thought if the immobilizer icon doesn’t illuminate when cranking (assuming the light does work) that the Pilot doesn’t start.
Well that's the thing. It cranks up and runs just fine. I am actually at the mechanic now in the waiting room. He is baffled as to why it de-programmed itself too. He said that they definitely did not change out the PCM. Only replaced the engine. He is going to run through the reset process to try and re-program the key fob to the car. I am wondering if it is just because the battery was possibly disconnected for so long during the engine replacement that it forgot what car it belonged to....lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts