Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Honda Pilot Ex. Driver seat is electric and cloth. Can I swap in a electric driver seat with leather and no memory feature? Also are they heated? If so, Are the wiring plug the same? Look getting one from the salvage yard.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Take this for whatever its worth...on my auxiliary switch thread I could easily provide 12V power to any interior /exterior device with relay and fused power. Not having OEM wire harness nor auxiliary switch system would not deter me from tapping into 12V switched power for power/heated seats.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Unless you can actually get a leather seat from a junk yard or something, it is gonna cost you. Like a LOT. Also, one thing to remember, there is a side airbag in the seat. If you get from junkyard, make sure that airbag is still there. You could always TRY to move the airbag from your own seat, but messing with airbags is something best left to professionals.
Might want to explore this option instead:

Genuine leather covers for Honda Pilot 2011 EX front seats. They also got "leatherette" for about twice cheaper, but no telling what sort of synthetic junk that is.
I personally ordered 'Spacer Mesh' covers for my wife's Subaru from these guys, they fit perfectly and look real nice.

About heaters: if you get a heated seat from junk yard, you would still need all the control stuff for it. Seat heat controls are part of climate control module, so you ain't got them. You also don't have any sort of seat heater related harness. Even in the underhood fuse box, positions reserved for front/rear heaters, you got bare plastic there, no contacts. No idea how OEM seat heating pads will work with aftermarket controls.

I personally got two of those kits for both front and rear in my 2013 EX:

I actually removed and disassembled the seats, removing the upholstery, cutting out the hob rings and all, installing the pads and then re-installing the upholstery. If you go with those leather covers, you should be able to put the heater pads under covers on top of existing upholstery. Might need to lightly stitch the pads to OEM upholstery so the pad does not move around. You would still need to tap either existing circuits in the fuse box, or directly into the battery, and bring the wire through firewall into the car, route all the wires in the dash and console - with enough slack for seat movement - and find suitable places for the heater controls.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is the plug the same? I don’t really need the heated seat to work. I wanted to know if I got a leather seat from the salvage yards if it plug in and at least the plug in part work to move the seat back and forth

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ok, looking at the diagrams: Non-memory driver seat has two connectors: one for side airbag, another is for seat power. It should have orange and blue wires coming from fuses 9 and 10 in under-dash box, and a couple of black ground wires. Could be a couple more. THAT plug should fit. Memory seat has additional connector for wires from memory switch as well as MICU. The problem, however, is the seat. Non-memory seat has a bunch of mechanical switches routing power to motors. Dead simple. Memory seat has a control module, and everything (power, manual adjust switches, motors, memory switch, MICU) - all plugs into this control unit. If control unit only gets the power, it MIGHT drive the motors in response to manual adjust switches - or it may not. Only way to really test is to supply +12V on blue and orange, negative on the blacks, and trying to work the switches. Should be doable using one of those compact jump-starter battery packs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts