Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The little rubber strip on the bottom of my moonroof wind deflector has come loose and around eight inches of it hangs partially out. With the roof open, it flaps around in and out of the vehicle. Looking online and in the service manual, I only see the wind deflector as an assembly for replacement. Easy enough to do but if I could just get that rubber piece, it would be simpler. Not talking a high dollar part (Majestic Honda Online $53.83) and simple R&R.

My OCD is also kicking in as I look at the exploded parts diagram where Honda refers to it as

Moonroof
Sliding Roof
Sun Roof

Any votes for Galaxy Portal?

Anyone else experience this and what fix did you go with?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I had the same issue ... I kept it off the Pilot and also here in the winter for us it was a PITA to get the snow out of it.

good luck

:)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Mainly I just crack it open for additional airflow on hot days. Rarely do I actually open it or pull the shade completely back. I think I may try a small bead of silicone caulk up in the plastic section and see if I can't get it to stick back in there. If it comes out again, I'll just replace the deflector assembly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the response. Mainly I just crack it open for additional airflow on hot days. Rarely do I actually open it or pull the shade completely back. I think I may try a small bead of silicone caulk up in the plastic section and see if I can't get it to stick back in there. If it comes out again, I'll just replace the deflector assembly.
I purchased a used 2012 EX-L in January. During the test drive and walk around, I neglected to open the moonroof. When I eventually did open it, I had the same thing...the rubber strip was being held on precariously in one spot and flapped in the wind. During my next oil change I showed the service adviser who said if it was him, he would just take it off. I did, and have not had any issues with it since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts