Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have done it a few times. It is not difficult. This should help get you there.

· First of all, get a switch (lol), and in my experience, buy 2 of them (they are cheap and I have had to replace them a couple times). I found them on Amazon at a good price, Dorman brand.
· Second, start with using a flat head to pry off the light covers. Start at the rear facing end of them and just gently pop it out.
· Third, there should be 4 screws that secure the entire overhead unit to the ceiling (I believe 1 in each light socket, and 2 more up inside the sunglasses holder area). Remove all four and the entire unit will just hang loosely by the wires (it is not at all heavy).
· Fourth, now you should be ready to unclip the wire to the switch you want to replace. They are a little dainty so be gentle. Once unclipped, remove the switch. Candidly, I can't remember if there is a small screw that holds the switch in place or if it just snaps in place, I believe the latter.
· Install is reverse of removal. Enjoy your functioning light.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Great tip!! My passenger side map light switch just died last week. Thinking it was a bulb burning out, I changed it first with no luck. I'll be ordering up a switch from RA today.

Wonder why it is the passenger switch that goes? Looking at the wiring diagram, there is nothing special or extra current flowing through it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My driver side has been out forever and a new bulb didn't solve it. Swapped the driver side clicky switch with the passenger side switch and they both worked for a few months until the driver side went out again even though the passenger side continued to work. Strange behavior. Maybe the switches just don't like the driver side. Trying not to take it personally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts