Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the alternator (twice) in my 2011 honda pilot touring. Now the alternator makes a siren noise when idling/driving slow. I took a 3 hour round trip last week. The next day, my battery was at 11%. I did notice that the siren noise was louder than usual. My hubby thinks it is the Electronic Load Detector Unit; we have ordered one, but can not figure out where it goes. I can not find any electrical drawings to trace it, and I have searched the net for DAYS looking for it. The few videos I can find, has a different fuse box than the 2011 pilot. Help? any other ideas what might be causing this?

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
This looks to be for older Honda's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was wondering, but I was able to order a part for it. Also, in one video it was simply a fuse that needed replacing, but of course, I can not figure out what fuse. The video used the electrical drawing to see which one was the ELD.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
If an alternator was bad, alll I've ever done is replace it. When using rebuilt, it's not uncommon to have to return it for another. What brand have you been using?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure. I got it replaced while I was out of town, and it went out on the way home. Luckily I was able to make it to my parent's house. My dad took it to his mechanic who was able to get ahold of the guy who put it in, and get the part number and store to replace it. I believe it came from advanced auto parts. It's weird, because I KNOW it is charging; Monday my light came on again. I went to Autozone, had battery checked, changed to my spare (that I now keep in the back of the car) it was at 58%. By the time I got home (20-25 min drive) the battery was at 88%.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts