Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so we have a very tight garage, like 3" space between the door frame and the mirrors of the pilot. So my wife has hit both front fenders, multiple times leaving the garage because you have to turn right after the front clears as the drive bends, sometimes she starts too soon. The left front is the worst as you turn right to follow the drive and I am wondering if the fenders are bolted on. I've not checked yet but the fender dents have flaking paint and are starting to rust so as soon as spring arrives I need to fix them. My CRV was bolt on, Civics all bolted on so I am hoping the pilots do to so I can hammer out the dents and paint. I will check myself but thought someone here would know right off the top of their heads.

Edit** 2 min google and yes the do. So you can ignore my post LOL

Cheers
Maritime.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Yes, front fenders are bolt on. You might look here for used fenders painted the same color.
www.car-part.com

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, there is one 214KM away for 100.00. not the same colour but I have the matching paint and $100 and not having to do dent repair, just sand and paint may be worth the drive

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to check my local scrap yard actually. they had a few pilots that may have a fender and they give me a good deal as we use them at work a lot.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
After you get a new fender put on, you might teach the Mrs to back it into the garage?
Umm, nevermind...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After you get a new fender put on, you might teach the Mrs to back it into the garage?
Umm, nevermind...
Ha! I have JB welded the right mirror 3 times and replace it twice LOL. For her to back in I would be replacing pieces of the house. The brick wall would come down for sure.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
to be fair, this is our driveway into the garage. door is 8' wide, gargage is 12' wide inside and 32' deep. both the Pilot and Yaris fit in and we only use it in the winter.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Ha! I have JB welded the right mirror 3 times and replace it twice LOL. For her to back in I would be replacing pieces of the house. The brick wall would come down for sure.
Lol. 😆😂🤣

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She has even taken the mirror off the yaris which has over 18" on each side clearance of the door frame.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
She has even taken the mirror off the yaris which has over 18" on each side clearance of the door frame.
Oh man! Ya, no backing for sure.🤦‍♂️
For a weekend project, You could always cut the corner off the lawn there a few feet to help her get and out of the garage a little easier. It might be cheaper in the long run. he he

1 - 10 of 10 Posts